Kale Chips!

Options
OMG! I am soo happy I decided to make these today. I am now in love with kale chips. With a little olive oil and seasoning salt they will be my new go to snack :) Has anyone else tried these? I recommend them to anyone, a great alternative to munching on chips!

Replies

• Tuffjourney
    Options
    Man, I have tried twice and they never turn out for me....shoot!:frown:
  • burgenah
    Options
    Yep even got my boys to eat them!!
  • wendyleewilliams
    Options
    Kale Chips are one of my favs! GREAT FOR YOU. Full of nutrition, very low cal. good healthy EEVO, (CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH).

Yup, wash it, tear it, toss it in EEVO, sprinkle w/ salt and bake! yum yum~
  • sciencenerd2011
    Options
    I haven't tried them, but was planning on picking up Kale to make them this weekend! Glad to hear from another person that they are delicious!
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Just discovered them a few weeks ago--they're great! No one else in the family is a fan, so more for me! :drinker:
  • ttkg
    ttkg Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I made them this week and they didn't really turn out for me...I spritzed them with my EVOO mister thingy...should I have put them in a bowl and mixed in EVOO? Also - what do you bake yours at? I think mine were slightly overdone :ohwell:
  • MissesJai
    Options
    I've long wanted to try these - very Atkins friendly. How do you make them? I read that you toss them in EVOO but how do you get them to be crisp?
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I will definitely give these a try! I don't eat chips very often. My husband likes them, BUT I get organic ones and the kind you see in the health section. He says "These probably are about just the same ad the bad ones". I say, "probably so, but they are at least a little better." More than Doritos or Cheetos. :laugh: This sounds like something that could really be a benefit in our house. Thanks!
  • gecho
    gecho Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I've long wanted to try these - very Atkins friendly. How do you make them? I read that you toss them in EVOO but how do you get them to be crisp?

bump
  • shannieboo
    shannieboo Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    sounds great! Please post a recipe
  • uniquewrapz
    uniquewrapz Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    LOVE these I make them all the time!
  • angijunbug
    Options
    How long did you bake them at what temperature? Did you use parchment paper on the cooking sheet?
  • niclan724
    niclan724 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I've heard they don't last very long if you don't eat them in one day. Like they soften back up after they sit. Someone told me to dehydrate them and they'll stay crispy. Either use an actual dehydrater or bake in the oven at lowest temp with the door cracked open for like 8hrs.

Worth a try.
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    yes post the recipe
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Just discovered them a few weeks ago--they're great! No one else in the family is a fan, so more for me! :drinker:

Ditto here, I enjoyed them, made them at the cottage with all of my immediate family - my mom did not care for them. She'd rather eat a smaller portion of real chips and workout.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I've heard they don't last very long if you don't eat them in one day. Like they soften back up after they sit. Someone told me to dehydrate them and they'll stay crispy. Either use an actual dehydrater or bake in the oven at lowest temp with the door cracked open for like 8hrs.

Worth a try.

Yes I would definitely not try to save them. They are so quick too cook just make as much as you plan on eating for the evening.
  • emmasmum07
    emmasmum07 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Ingredients
    1 bunch kale
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1 teaspoon seasoned salt

Directions
    1. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a non insulated cookie sheet with parchment paper.
    2. With a knife or kitchen shears carefully remove the leaves from the thick stems and tear into bite size pieces. Wash and thoroughly dry kale with a salad spinner. Drizzle kale with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning salt.
    3. Bake until the edges brown but are not burnt, 10 to 15 minutes.

correct me please if this is not the right recipe
  • teresaj0315
    teresaj0315 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Baked Kale Chips

Prep Time: 10 Minutes
    Cook Time: 10 Minutes
    Ready In: 20 Minutes

Servings: 6

Ingredients:

1 bunch kale
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1 teaspoon seasoned salt

Directions:
    Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
    Line a non insulated cookie sheet with parchment paper.
    With a knife or kitchen shears carefully remove the leaves from the thick stems and tear into bite size pieces.
    Wash and thoroughly dry kale with a salad spinner.
    Drizzle kale with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning salt.
    Bake until the edges brown but are not burnt, 10 to 15 minutes
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I am obsessed with kale chips - I always buy them and they are so expensive - I really should make them!!!!!
  • tnshahud
    tnshahud Posts: 163
    Options
    Never tried them, but I've heard allot about them, Going to try this weekend!!