Where does the weight go?! Someone please help me understand

Options
I want to explain this the easiest way...
April 2009 - I weight 230.
December 2009 - Gave birth to my son and weighed 250.
Lost some of the baby weight
September 2010 - Grandpa died gained 25 lbs by December 2010.
August 2011 - I weighed 275
December 2011 - I weighed 286.

The past 2 years I have gained 50+ lbs and I am STILL in the same size jeans from BEFORE i was pregnant in 2009. My shirt size has went up one because I gained some arm flab. But, I don't understand where the 50lbs went. ????

Replies

• ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    It can be stored around your organs as well as externally, and that is when it is most dangerous to your health.
  • speedycakes
    speedycakes Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    It's possiable that you gain weight up top before you gain weight down below. SO maybe your chest, arms, back, face. Also carring your son could have caused a little muscle gain too.
  • heatherblose21
    Options
    So what's that mean? I'm totally new to all this. And, it's still hard to understand what i'm suppose to do what is good/bad for me.
  • ironanimal
    Options
    So what's that mean? I'm totally new to all this. And, it's still hard to understand what i'm suppose to do what is good/bad for me.

It means don't worry too much about it. Come up with a plan of attack - find some visual examples of what you find an attractive body type and go for it. If you're worried about hidden fat, have a bodyfat % test done.
  • heatherblose21
    Options
    Okay! Thanks alot. I'm just setting really small goals every week cause if i set a big one i'm terrible at following thru. I was just scared I'll lose 50 lbs and wont look any different. Lol.
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    that was a interesting topic
  • ironanimal
    Options
    Okay! Thanks alot. I'm just setting really small goals every week cause if i set a big one i'm terrible at following thru. I was just scared I'll lose 50 lbs and wont look any different. Lol.

Even if that's the case, isn't it good to know that fat isn't in your body and you'll be so much healthier because of it? Anyway, I guarantee you, you will see some awesome progress and changes from losing 50lbs :)
  • Wrigleymom
    Options
    I've lost 45 lbs so far (10 more to go) and I went from a 14 to a 6. I think you will notice when you loose the 50 lbs. It will be easier to move around, you will feel better, more energy. How much does your child weight? One of my kids is 50 lbs. Picking him up is hard, I try and remember that I was basically carrying around the equivalent of him on my body. Set small goals, I am guessing your ultimate goal is to be under 200, as you get smaller, you will see more changes but use other visuals now to help.
  • heatherblose21
    Options
    Yeah. I'm excited to lose more weight. Only on week 2 and i'm loving it. I screamed for my husband when I weighed myself and lost 9 lbs lol. He probably thought i was dying but, it feels so much better to lose the weight then eat the fat.
  • heatherblose21
    Options
    Set small goals, I am guessing your ultimate goal is to be under 200, as you get smaller, you will see more changes but use other visuals now to help.

Yeah right now i'm using a pair of jeans and i measured everywhere on my body so i could re-measure every month.
  • lilchicksta94
    lilchicksta94 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of my weight goes right to my neck and face which makes me look disgusting... after losing 18 lbs I no longer look like John Candy's long lost sister lol maybe you store it in your butt and legs? I wish some of my weight would go to my *kitten* instead of my face! lol