30DS weight loss stories please

Options
I'd like to know how much weight some of you have lost doing the 30DS. How much was your beginning and how much did you lose on the 30 day program? What was your athletic ability before starting the program? The workouts seem pretty short to be of significance.

Replies

• _xoxok
    _xoxok Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I completed my first round of the 30DS on Jan 31st. I lost 7lbs & 6.5in. It deff. gets easier along the way, but it doesn't get easy! I do recommend the dvd though. I started my 2nd round yesterday! You can see my results here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/474750-30-day-shred-results-w-pics
  • dafoots0911
    dafoots0911 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I completed my first round of the 30DS on Jan 31st. I lost 7lbs & 6.5in. It deff. gets easier along the way, but it doesn't get easy! I do recommend the dvd though. I started my 2nd round yesterday! You can see my results here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/474750-30-day-shred-results-w-pics
    Thank you. How much was your starting weight, if you don't mind? And had you exercised before you started this program? I am trying to see if it is worth it for me. I am now doing the Supreme 90 Day and I saw results with that but I need a program that is not a time hog.

Got it. Good job. that's what I wanted to know.
  • sthompson0214
    sthompson0214 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I just finished my first round of 30DS (literally, like yesterday). I lost 6lbs and 12.25 inches. I did the video everyday except two days and one of those days I ended up taking a Zumba class at my gym and burning twice as many calories...so only 1 day of no exercise. I also kept my calories at 1200 (which is what is recommended for me trying to lose 1-2 lbs per week). Will be taking pictures tonight to post before and after pics but I can definitely tell a difference in my thighs/hips as jeans that didn't fit before now fit. :smile:
  • _xoxok
    _xoxok Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I was 169 when I started & ended at 162. I've been on this "journey" since May 2011, but this is my first time actually losing weight. I was exercising before I started, but I was really just walking on the treadmill. I think the DVD is really effective for only 27 minutes a day. The 30 days goes by quickly. I honestly think the little time spent doing it is worth the results you get.
  • newlaura30
    Options
    i'm gonna start tommorrow x
  • dafoots0911
    dafoots0911 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I was 169 when I started & ended at 162. I've been on this "journey" since May 2011, but this is my first time actually losing weight. I was exercising before I started, but I was really just walking on the treadmill. I think the DVD is really effective for only 27 minutes a day. The 30 days goes by quickly. I honestly think the little time spent doing it is worth the results you get.
    Thanks for the info. Great job.
  • Alm1055
    Options
    I have 9 days left on the shred. I started at 153 and I am 148 now however I lost 10 inches from my whole body. I didnt do any kind of exercise for about 6 months I was pretty lazy. I now added Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and 6 week 6 pack to the shred as well. :happy:
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Bumping this as a reminder to myself that if I actually stuck to 30DS for 30 days then I might actually see results!
  • MyTime1985
    MyTime1985 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Bumping this as a reminder to myself that if I actually stuck to 30DS for 30 days then I might actually see results!

I'm with you! I did it for 7 days and in that time I saw a difference in my endurance and strength. I let life get in the way and stopped. I'm starting over tomorrow.:love:
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I started 16 days ago. I am down 10lbs so far and about 12 total inches. I am also doing 45mins of Zumba every day too. :)
  • evansproudmama
    Options

I'm with you! I did it for 7 days and in that time I saw a difference in my endurance and strength. I let life get in the way and stopped. I'm starting over tomorrow.:love:

Right there with you guys!! This is my thrid attempt at shredding for a full 30 days! Im currently on Level 1, Day 2 planning on doing 5 days on, 2 days off 10 days each level... Hoping I will see the same awesome results everyone on the boards has!!
  • mdudra
    mdudra Posts: 17
    Options
    Thanks for posting results and stories guys!!! Congrats on the loss of lbs and inches! Bless you for sharing your success stories, they are a real motivator for others. I'm shredding in February and hope to see similar results!! Keep up the great work!
  • bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I would consider myself at mid-level on the finess scale. I'm more advanced than the beginner moves, but not quite at the advanced moves. I jog a mile or two a few times a week. I'm on day 21 of the Shred (haven't missed a day). I don't have much weight to lose, but my goal is to tone. I've only lost 1 lb, but my pants are getting looser and I can do a push-up. I only took starting measurements for certain areas and will take the after measurements when I finish the 30 days.
  • G30Grrl
    G30Grrl Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the 30DS for about 6 weeks, averaging 5 days per week (I also do other cardio workouts several times weekly). When I started, I could barely get through level 1 with 3 lb weights. Instead of doing 10 days at each level, I decided I was going to stay on level one until I could do the whole thing, including every single push-up without cheating and doing girly knee-push-ups, and every single anterior raise on the side lunges(my arms were SO weak!).

So I've been on level one for six weeks. I've gone from being able to do one regular push-up to doing 17 in a row. But I still can't quite get through the second set without dropping to knees. I went from using the 3 lb weights to 5lb, and now 8lb weights for everything except the anterior raises. (I can do them all with 3 lbs, or most of them with 5 lbs).

Last night I decided that level one alone wasn't enough, so after I did it, I followed with the first two circuits of level 2. My strength and endurance are SO much better!

I have lost 8 lbs, but the inches are significant, too. So far, in six weeks, I have lost the following:

Waist 1.3"
    Hips 1.3"
    Bust 1.3"
    Upper thighs 1.4"
    Upper arms 0.7"
    Calves 0.4"
    Neck 0.5"

Now that doesn't seem like a lot, but it LOOKS like it, as there is also more muscle definition, and everything is more solid than it was before.

I love the way the 30DS makes me feel, and my boyfriend keeps touching me and marveling at the changes in my body. All around, I'd say that's a win.
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    For those that are looking to start the shred or are already doing it in Feb. Please come over and join our group!!

I saw alot of action on the boards about people starting or doing the 30 day shred in Feb. I am currently on Day 3 of Level 1 just started on Feb. 1st! I just found a group and would love for you all to come on over so we can help motivate each other and stay on track. Also share our success :-)

Heres the link to the group- http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/3089-30-day-shred-in-feb

Hope to see you over there!!

B.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!