what is a good amount of net cals to have at the end of that

Options
nets cals? what is a good amount of net calories to have left over if you want to lose 1 pound a week.

Replies

• asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    1200 cals. MFP has already set up a deficit for you in your cals allowance.
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    MFP should work this out for you when you set your goals.?
  • jenniferhiggins
    jenniferhiggins Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    ok thank you.
  • lizchk
    lizchk Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    so iff MFP states you should be eating 1200 calories a day.. and you burn 290 in exercise that day..it adds those calories burned to your total.. does that mean you are to eat that much more in that day? and if so, will I still be on track to losing 1lb a week?
  • season1980
    season1980 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    so iff MFP states you should be eating 1200 calories a day.. and you burn 290 in exercise that day..it adds those calories burned to your total.. does that mean you are to eat that much more in that day? and if so, will I still be on track to losing 1lb a week?
    Yes
    The deficit assumes no exercise. So you should eat your exercise calories back to not create to much of a deficit.
  • lizchk
    Options
    So I have been working out 6 days a week minimum 30 to 40mins... 4 to 5 days cardio and 3 days strength training.. I have been working out consistently since Oct 2011... I havn't lost anything I go up and pound come down a pound... I am eating my calories that myfitness is telling me which is clues the calories burned (which I know it calulates for me) but I can't drop this 10lb for nothing... I have adjusted my calories up a couple of 100 to see if maybe I wasn't eating enough and nothing. NOw I am on the depo shot, which is my birth control, I have been on this for two years....I am trying to stay positive but it is getting real hard... I know that I am doing the right stuff but I just can't figure it out... and I know not to go below 1200 calories...

Help!!!
  • Driving_Miss_Daisy
    Options
    So I have been working out 6 days a week minimum 30 to 40mins... 4 to 5 days cardio and 3 days strength training.. I have been working out consistently since Oct 2011... I havn't lost anything I go up and pound come down a pound... I am eating my calories that myfitness is telling me which is clues the calories burned (which I know it calulates for me) but I can't drop this 10lb for nothing... I have adjusted my calories up a couple of 100 to see if maybe I wasn't eating enough and nothing. NOw I am on the depo shot, which is my birth control, I have been on this for two years....I am trying to stay positive but it is getting real hard... I know that I am doing the right stuff but I just can't figure it out... and I know not to go below 1200 calories...

Help!!!

Are you taking measurements of your body. Muscle weights more then fat, so you could be gaining muscle and losing fat.
  • thenis
    thenis Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I agree with the ^^ above assessment. I'm just curious. Are you nearly at your goal? When I was 10lbs out I couldn't lose it to save my life, but I cut carbs down to 100grams/day and it just fell off. If you want to cut weight, do more cardio. 3 days of weight training will have you gaining muscle.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

Help!!!

Unfortunately birth control can do that for you :( What is the ratios on the kinds of foods your eating and what's your water intake like?
  • lizchk
    Options
    I guess I should do measurement instead of the scale since yes I know that muscle weighs more than fat.

I mainly eat whole foods...i viturally eat very clean... i know I am lacking on my water I barely make the minimum per day....
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I guess I should do measurement instead of the scale since yes I know that muscle weighs more than fat.

I mainly eat whole foods...i viturally eat very clean... i know I am lacking on my water I barely make the minimum per day....

There's been lots of water threads here. If you've read them like I have you'll find people commenting on how they found it easier to loose weight. I'm still trying to determine if that's true. I've definitely been loosing consistent weight since I upped my water intake. And I'm reading that as a good sign because these last few pounds are suppose to be the hardest to go.
  • lizchk
    Options
    Good to know... I will definitely up my water intake...