Soy lowers testosterone levels?

So I've been vegetarian about 2 years, and the husband has been vegetarian for 1. He came down with an illness and we found out that his testosterone levels are "very" low. It's just a small piece of the puzzle, however.

In a panic, we started eating meat again (of which course destroyed my stomach - haha) I had to go back Vegetarian, and of course, that is what I want to continue doing.

Of course, then I realized I can hopefully continue to feed us quorn products.

However - am I overreacting here? I have this huge feeling that soy, especially how incredibly over processed it is, is completely crap for our bodies and doing more harm than good.

Could it be the cause?

Replies

• PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Soy lowers testosterone levels and severely raises estrogen in both men and women causing major hormone imbalances.

Soy is one of the most estrogenic foods out there, it is not healthy in the least.
  • you guys can totally eat soy but in moderation. for example:if you like soy milk, try switching to something else, like almond, or coconut milk. try making more meals out of something else as well. i starting feeling tired all the time because of my consumption of way too much soy, and obviously( hello im female) and it affected me as well. i made some small changes and it made such a difference.
  • sms1986
    sms1986 Posts: 113 Member
    I avoid soy myself, as problems I was born with mean that I can't produce as much testosterone as I should be doing (I take testosterone daily to get it to normal male levels), and soy would probably reverse everything the testosterone capsules do. I've never been specifically told not to eat anything with soy in, though.