venting and support.

bgillis7 starting level 3 of the 30DS, and im the SAME every thing! same weight! same pants! i havnt changed any thing! it makes me mad! and ive been working my freaking @$$ off!!! iv been the same since November! all i want to do is give up go sit down and eat anything and every thing i want!!
im about done!
i love 13 lbs between October and November (with no exercise) and haven't lost one since (with exercise) ....
i just want to scream!
i know its not supose to be easy! but gosh come on i need a little encouragement from the scale sometimes!

Replies

• honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    are you taking measurements? are your clothes fitting any differently?
  • bgillis7
    bgillis7 Posts: 124
    no i didnt get to take my inches. but no my pants fit the same no different at all..
  • bgillis7
    i need a measuring tape... STAT!
  • peachprl
    peachprl Posts: 119 Member
    Okay what about strength and endurance. Have you noticed a difference as far as those go? My guess is that those have gotten much better as you went on with the 30DS. :-)
  • ccjforreal
    ccjforreal Posts: 19 Member
    That's right, don't give up. I tried losing weight before and gave up when I got to a point where I was not losing and I regret it because by now I could have been that much closer to my goal if not there. I am just starting out as of last week again, so far, I have lost 5.4 lbs. All I can think is I can't wait til my halfway point in July to see how far I have come. Hang in there girl!!
  • A measuring tape is good. Also sometimes we don't record every calorie we take in. Please record every bite you take, including even tiny tiny snacks. Its funny how an 100 cals a day will add up. If you think about it 365*100=36500 that's about 10 (TEN!!!!) pounds a year. Thats a HUGE difference.
  • Same thing happned to me. I increased my calories for a few weeks then slowly decreased them. Turned out I wasn't eating enough. :smile: Try adjusting your settings to lose weight slower, it might help. Just don't give up! I know you can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • tifmarie9
    tifmarie9 Posts: 28 Member
    are you sure you have fat to loose?? I can't see your body, but that would be cool if you just didn't have anymore fat to shred. Oooo, that's the dream. LOL.
  • bgillis7
    yes my strength and endurance has incressesd alot! and that is good. but i would like to see physical differences you know:) some i can look in to the mirror at and be like damn! i did that FOR ME!

and as for increasing my calories im scared to do that becusae what if thats not the problem and i end up gaining weight?
    then im just going backwards..
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    did you take before photos? if you did take photos now and compair I am guessing you will see a difference.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    I peeked at your diary, and to be blunt, you aren't making the best food choices. What you put into your body is as important as working out. If you need any ideas, please feel free to check out my diary.
  • bgillis7
    yeah i did take before pics i dont want to take after till the last day.
  • bgillis7
    i make best food choices with what i have.
    im a full time college student that lives at home. i get a very small say in what gets bought. and who am i to complane when im not paying.
    so i do the best i can to pick the best with what she gets.
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 615 Member
    bgillis7 starting level 3 of the 30DS, and im the SAME every thing! same weight! same pants! i havnt changed any thing! it makes me mad! and ive been working my freaking @$$ off!!! iv been the same since November! all i want to do is give up go sit down and eat anything and every thing i want!!
    im about done!
    i love 13 lbs between October and November (with no exercise) and haven't lost one since (with exercise) ....
    i just want to scream!
    i know its not supose to be easy! but gosh come on i need a little encouragement from the scale sometimes!

I looked at your food diary. My suggestion would definitely be to up your calories. Not sure what you have your settings on, but if you are at lose 1 lb/week then maybe switch to .5 lb/week or maintenance. With the amount you are working out and as long as you maintain a caloric deficit, you will not gain.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    im a full time college student that lives at home. i get a very small say in what gets bought. and who am i to complane when im not paying.

Could you ask for skim milk, fresh fruit, and whole wheat bread? Best of luck to you on your journey.
  • KJLIII
    KJLIII Posts: 225 Member
    Two things I want to throw out your way:

1 - Gaining weight is not necessarily "going backwards" - take a look at this girl who gained, but lost the fat:

http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

and 2 - ever done any research on what causes us to gain weight? If you're interested, here's a very informative video from a Medical doctor in Kansas and what she found to be true about it. She's a bariatric Doctor - one who specializes in Bariatric surgery (weight-loss surgery), which includes a variety of procedures performed on people who are obese. It was eye-opening for me... here's the link, if you have time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3M75cYpx2w&feature=bf_prev&list=ULYTwqb3Tj7pg&lf=mfu_in_order

Hope that helps! :flowerforyou:
  • bgillis7

Could you ask for skim milk, fresh fruit, and whole wheat bread? Best of luck to you on your journey.

yeah she gets them when she can.
    i ask but i dont bug her.
    she has other pp; in the home to take care of to.
    so i dont want hewr to feel like i want her to spend a buch of money on me
  • bgillis7
    Two things I want to throw out your way:

1 - Gaining weight is not necessarily "going backwards" - take a look at this girl who gained, but lost the fat:

http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

and 2 - ever done any research on what causes us to gain weight? If you're interested, here's a very informative video from a Medical doctor in Kansas and what she found to be true about it. She's a bariatric Doctor - one who specializes in Bariatric surgery (weight-loss surgery), which includes a variety of procedures performed on people who are obese. It was eye-opening for me... here's the link, if you have time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3M75cYpx2w&feature=bf_prev&list=ULYTwqb3Tj7pg&lf=mfu_in_order

Hope that helps! :flowerforyou:

thank you i will deff take a lookk
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,115 Member
    I did 30DS too and didn't lose lbs or inches. I actually had to up my workouts I wasn't burning enough to lose. So I would sometimes do 2 levels of 30DS back to back or another workout with one level of 30DS to see results.
  • peachprl
    peachprl Posts: 119 Member
    I did the same thing. Hang in there. I honestly didn't feel like I had any difference either. I was SO frustrated and didn't feel clothes were fitting all that differently. My guess is you are wrong. I took a before and after picture and my goodness was I wrong. It took that picture for me to realize it. My guess is that if your strength and endurance are dramatically different, your body has made changes, too. Hang in there. I wish that you had taken measurements. So many threads about the 30DS have people posting saying that they didn't lose a single pound, some even gained, but they definitely lost inches. My guess is that you have better results than you are realizing. Seriously...we are our own worst critics!