Tall Ladies??

Options

Replies

• jjblogs
    jjblogs Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    5'10" .. going for 150. Size 10...anything smaller than that makes me look skeletal. I think a lot of this depends on bone structure, etc. of each individual.
  • melaniekamanja12
    Options
    I am 5'10. I currently weigh 320!!! My goal is to get down to 170-180 range. I hope once I am there I can take another 40 lbs off . I wear size 22/24. It is very hard to be happy while being this big. I look towards my future and realize there isn't going to be much of one if i don't get the weight off now. i can't even fit into a roller coaster seat!!! they are my favorite thing to do. anyways, good luck to everyone on their weight loss.
  • jenseye
    jenseye Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    5'8" currently a size 6 depending on the cut I can sometimes pull off a 4, was a 8 almost a 10 when I started MFP (the looming size 10 motivated me).
    Good Luck!
  • raedlewis
    raedlewis Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and currently 229 lbs and size 18. I would like to be 160-170 and size 12. I have a big bone structure (it's not an excuse it's true!) and even when I was skinny in jr high and high school I was still a size 10-12 because of my large jutting out hip bones.

I really don't care what size I'm in or how much I way, I just want to feel comfortable in my own skin and be confident again. After babies I never expect to look the same as I did in high school. Just want to be a better me!
  • Nettabee
    Nettabee Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and my doctor and I have talked about this on several occasions. I don't want to be very skinny, and she thinks as long as i'm healthy, there's no need to look like a twig. I like a curvy meaty hour glass figure. So i'm not sure exactly what weight that would put me at, but pant size around 12 would be great for me! Probably around the 210 range.
  • gwenlatus77
    gwenlatus77 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11 and weigh 218. I've lost 5 pounds since starting on this site. I'm in a size 18 right now but they are starting to get a little loose. I weighed 150 when I graduated high school and looked great. Maybe I will try to get there eventually, but 165 is what I'm shooting for right now.
  • GetThinKim
    Options
    I'm 5"8 and weigh 169Ibs, and wear UK size 14/16 clothes :) Trying to get to 140! Feel free to friend me :)
  • tebumgarner
    Options
    I have reached my goal weight of 135. I'm 5'9" tall and wear a six 6 jeans. I say it's always better to make your weight goal a little higher and re-evaluate when you get there. I moved my goal weight several times. What 150 looks like on one body type may look totally different than on another body type. Good luck on your journey!
  • larnocky
    larnocky Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10, weigh 155, currenly a size 6. My personal goal is 140 lbs. I want to stress that I'm an athlete and trained dietician, so this goal is not for everyone! You have to take the time to analyze what an attainable goal for yourself is, and what you can realistically commit to. Age, health, and body type all come into play. Once you set that attainable goal, go for it! You can do anything you put your mind to!
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10", currently weight 233 and am wearing 18's. I want to get down to 160 pounds (this is a tentative goal weight...I can't remember when I was last that size, so I don't know how I will look).

I have a great hourglass figure (big boobs, curvy hips, and tiny waist), and I don't want to be a stick. My main goal is to be healthy and comfortable with my body and still maintain my curves. My fiance would be ticked if I turned into a stick and completely lost my butt and boobs!
  • rrrbecca11
    Options
    I am 5'7 1/2" and weigh 115. :-) Size 4s and 2s, depending on brand. Skinny? You bet. Also healthy, energetic, great stamina, walk every day, weight train and eat all I want of vegetables, some fruits, and whole grains. No meat.
  • JinxRita
    JinxRita Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and currently weigh about 275. My goal is 170, but I might lower it as I get closer to that. I want to see how my body looks/feels once I get there. I currently wear a size 22/24 in pants. I have no idea what my goal pant size would be, since I've never been a thin adult. I'd love to see size 12 again though!
  • tallteacher
    tallteacher Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am 6 feet tall as well. My healthy BMI starts at 200 lbs (large frame, see article linked in this discussion: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/388527-large-frame-bmi-probably-applies-to-most-of-us-ttw)

I've been down to 190 before and looked awesome. I think if I get below 180, I'd look too bony and not sexy. So, I'm shooting for between 180 and 200. I probably won't get lower than a size 12.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and currently weigh 188. I have very wide hips, and my "OMG MY BODY IS FLIPPIN AWESOME" goal is 155 :)
  • Nettabee
    Nettabee Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and currently 229 lbs and size 18. I would like to be 160-170 and size 12. I have a big bone structure (it's not an excuse it's true!) and even when I was skinny in jr high and high school I was still a size 10-12 because of my large jutting out hip bones.

I really don't care what size I'm in or how much I way, I just want to feel comfortable in my own skin and be confident again. After babies I never expect to look the same as I did in high school. Just want to be a better me!

I agree. And I don't use the "big boned" thing as an excuse, but compared to most of the ladies up here, it would seem like I should be a size 40. But i'm not. I'm 330lbs and a size 20. I think it all depends on body structure, and build. You'll only truly know where ou want to be once you get there.

Best of luck to all! :drinker:
  • bethanyweathers
    bethanyweathers Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11", goal weight is 165 and my goal pant size is 10/12.

I'm currently 223.4 pounds, and wearing size 16/18.
  • FitnessBarbie99
    FitnessBarbie99 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. I am a six footer as well.

CW is exactly 200. I've been stuck here for over 2 weeks whilst pining for onederland.

I'm in a size 16/14 right now. As we all know, it depends on the designer.

My first goal is to get to 184, which is the high range of healthy BMI for me.

Doc says she'd be happy with me at 170, although 160 even 155 would be great!

I've been as low as 127, but no need to go there again.

In sizes 12/14 would be so nice.
  • kittyneutron
    kittyneutron Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9". I cannot imagine weighing less than 140! My first goal is 175. That is like a size 12 for me, and that would be great. I think from there I will re-evaluate.
  • lodicox7
    lodicox7 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10". Currently 165 lbs, in a size 12 tall. When I started, I was 187 lbs, in a size 14 tall. Hoping to reach the 145-150 range at a size 8/10 tall, but I carry my weight mostly in my hips so I'm not sure if I'll be an 8, even if I get down to 145.
  • Michelle_OC
    Options
    I think it all depends on how you hold your weight. I'm 5'10" and when I was 150, I was in a size 6-7. People would tell me I was "too skinny" so, like I said, depends on how you hold your weight. If a size 8 is your goal, then focus on that. I find that us tall girls have to focus more on waist/bust/hip dimensions than actual weight. For four years, I was 185 but 3 different sizes (8-12). I still have those size 8 pants and I don't fit in them (at 192 now - but didn't fit in them for the fourth year of 185) so it's not a "store sizing" issue, it's a body size issue.