going over on protien good or bad

Options
A few times through the week im over on my protien is this a good or bad thing

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    A few times through the week im over on my protien is this a good or bad thing

It's prob not a bad thing unless you getting in super excessive amounts of protein, which is unlikely. MFP also tends to set your protein goal low, so not much worry in going over
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I was worrying about the same thing because I go over literally every single day. I abide by my calories and by what my nutritionist has recommended that I eat, also I'm gluten intolerant, so my diet is pretty low carb-high protein. I generally think I'm fine, but that little red number stresses me out sometimes :)
  • shelley234
    shelley234 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thats good im managing to stay under with everything else, but protien is in red a lot.

If its nothing to worry about ill stop stressing lol.

Any tips u have found that is a sure thing to help loose weight please share :-):-)
  • granolagrl85
    Options
    I changed my goals to about 120 grams of protein (I think it's 45%), 50 grams of carbs (maybe 15%) and fat is the remainder. Some days I still go over on protein and some days it's less. It balances out.
  • wvbuckeye
    Options
    MFP protein target is very low. Dont put to much thought into it. Protein is very important in a diet so dont sweat it. Just make sure you are getting ALL of your nutrients in.
  • KJLIII
    KJLIII Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I think it's just fine, like some have said - as long as you're getting in lots of veggies with the protein. I have been doing a LOT of research lately on this topic, because I want to know what works for weight loss _as well as_ what is GOOD for you. I have read a TON on the paleo diet, and think I might be moving in that direction (though I have only experimented a little with it recently). I've just finished watching a series of videos that are AWESOME in detail from a Medical Doctor's perspective on what causes obesity and what to do about it. It was very eye-opening and helpful. If you'd like to learn a little and have a bit of time - these will help in understanding what your body does with food (metabolic processes) and what has tremendously helped her patients. Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3M75cYpx2w&feature=bf_prev&list=ULYTwqb3Tj7pg&lf=mfu_in_order

And even if you only watch the first video - it's still helpful and eye-opening...

:flowerforyou:
  • Chambos72
    Options
    I try to eat my weight in protein. So 150lbs = 150 or so grams of protein a day. I lift weights 3 or more times of week though.