Just added sugar to food diary and im going over everyday be

Options
Anyone else experienced this??

I am always under my sodium, carbs, fat etc and just added sugar to my diary and was shocked to see that im going over almost everyday and its fruit thats taking me over!!!

Have decided to just delete it and leave my daily goals as they were before lol

:frown:

Replies

• Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    That's why I don't eat fruit lol! It's funny cos it's the most obvious healthy thing to eat, fruit and veg? But fruit to me is high cal and high sugar. Am I really bad for not eating fruit? xx
  • marquesajen
    Options
    Fruit in moderation like anything else. I'm worried about added sugar than natural sugars.
  • liroez29
    liroez29 Posts: 221
    Options
    I don't monitor my sugar on here, I watch my calories, carbs, sodium, and fats. Because fruit always puts me over. And I have never heard anyone say "I am fat because I ate too much fruit!" lol:laugh:
  • britneyblonde
    britneyblonde Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I havent been eating ridiculous amounts of fruit, one day i had a wee tub of mango and a small tub of melon chunks and i was over!! :laugh:
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I went over sugar every day until I cut out apples, bell peppers & carrots. Then I decided that I'd rather be over than cut out food I really liked. I keep processed sugar to a minimum ( powerbar & coffee, for the most part ) and that's that.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    The sugar limit is an arbitrary number, you should be ignoring it.
  • lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I think if it comes from a plant it's good for you. :)
  • britneyblonde
    britneyblonde Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    The sugar limit is an arbitrary number, you should be ignoring it.

Good plan :wink:
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've experienced this. I track my sugar religiously now! Here's why.

I was going along, losing weight regularly, tracking my calories, exercising. I was ALWAYS under on my calories. I typically ate carrots and hummus as my snack.

Then I discovered that a banana and nutella were basically the same calories as my carrots/hummus. So I decided to mix it up. Yeah, I adopted the "If I have the calories, I'm going to eat it." BAD Move.

I hit a 3 month long plateau. I didn't look at the sugar numbers at all! Then I took a peek. Holey Moley! They were off the charts! 3+ times what they should be. I decided to do sugar detox. I started 1/17/12. My plateau ended 1/17/12. I've lost 5 pounds since then after not losing for 3 months!

Tracking sugar is important. (well, at least for me).

Although fruit/veggie sugars are natural and aren't as "bad" for you, try eating more veggies than fruits!
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Fruit sugars are usually bound up with lots of fiber which makes the sugar enter your bloodstream more slowly and evenly, and tons of other good nutrients, so don't worry about it too much.

Here's a table of fruit glycemic indexes if you're really concerned... just eat more of those at the low gi end of the list and less at the higher end. http://www.lowglycemicdiet.com/fruitsgi.html
  • shinypinkpolish
    Options
    "Fruit sugars are usually bound up with lots of fiber which makes the sugar enter your bloodstream more slowly and evenly, and tons of other good nutrients, so don't worry about it too much."

This is true. Also it's natural sugar, not processed. You did the right thing ignoring it. lol