Low calorie alcohol drink ideas?

Options
This weekend is the Super Bowl and I'm going out to watch it with friends and I'm looking for drinks I can order at a bar that is lower in calories and tastes good too! I'm not a beer drinker but I don't mind mixed drinks or malt drinks (Mike's hard lemonades). Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Replies

• CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    This weekend is the Super Bowl and I'm going out to watch it with friends and I'm looking for drinks I can order at a bar that is lower in calories and tastes good too! I'm not a beer drinker but I don't mind mixed drinks or malt drinks (Mike's hard lemonades). Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/449616-best-alcoholic-beverage-to-manage-calories?error_user_id=13599033&error_username=Terri_may&hl=alcohol

This thread
  • chase7512
    chase7512 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Mojitoes are pretty low cal
  • hayles_s
    hayles_s Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Gin and slimline tonic is good with a wedge of lime
  • u117289
    u117289 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I personally like Vinalla Stoli, Soda Water (or diet 7up/sprite depending on where I am) and Lime- it kind of reminds me of Cream Soda with a perk. If you're at a bar and you want is sweeter as for a push of 7up or juice...
  • Cranapple
    Options
    I agree with the gin & tonic, or a whiskey and ginger (diet), or a rum & coke (diet). They're basically the best way to get some alcohol with a sugar-free liquid to stretch the size of the drink. The carbonation doesn't hurt with increasing how full you feel either.

This doesn't really answer your question for out at the bar, but on the general topic, here's a recipe for a very good margarita, at only 110 calories: http://www.hungry-girl.com/show/to-the-mex-hgs-magical-low-calorie-margarita-recipe

It's basically just using a "crystal light" style limeade packet, some tequila, and some diet lemon-lime soda.
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    definitely gunna need these haha
  • 76wendyful
    Options
    Cherry vodka and Sprite Zero!
  • tamtam36
    Options
    Skinny Girl brand makes Margaritas for 100 calories for 4 ounces and its strong! Check out BevMo or Costcos.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Mojitoes are pretty low cal

no no no, they are bad!
  • MsRoxyPepper
    MsRoxyPepper Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    flavored vodka with sprite zero; I especially like blueberry
  • JoJoDoerr
    JoJoDoerr Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/low-calorie-cocktails?page=3

There is a list here of a lot of drinks with their calories . It looks like a Mimosa (4 oz= 75 calories) has the least.
  • jskaggs1971
    jskaggs1971 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Bourbon, rocks or neat. One oz of bourbon runs about 70 kcal, unless you're drinking Wild Turkey 101, which is a bit higher since it's 100 proof as opposed to the 80 proof of most bourbon.

Well, that's what I choose, anyway. If straight bourbon is too strong for you, it mixes well with Coke Zero.
  • kiters
    kiters Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Flavored vodka, water and Crystal Light!
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Captain and diet is a little over 60 calories per glass
  • lq022
    lq022 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Haven't read any of the other posts so I dont know if these were already said:

Cherry vodka + club soda --- about 25 calories

Vodka + Sugar-free redbull -- 15 calories

Basically, any type of clear alcohol mixed with a no-cal/low-cal beverage is a good bet. Or if your looking to get drunk, do shots & just ask for a diet coke to chase it if needed =)
  • toasterlisa
    toasterlisa Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    White wine and club soda (or diet Sprite) over ice.

Or go here and click around for your favorites: http://www.calorieking.com/calories-in-alcohol.html

As we don't have "a dog in the fight" for the Super Bowl, we are going to pack a picnic and go to a favorite state park for a hike and lunch. We'll eat way better, get some fresh air and exercise, and have a better time than standing in a bar :-)

Best wishes on your health and wellness journey!
  • hpynh2o
    hpynh2o Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Shot shot shot shot... (assuming that there is room for it on my diary :)
  • sharquin
    sharquin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Whipped cream vodca and club soda splash of cran. very yummy and low cal.
  • etnavy
    Options
    My drinks as posted on this site:

Grey Goose - Vodka, 2 oz 138 0 0 0
    Ocean Spray - Cranberry 100% Juice Blend, 8 oz (1 cup)/250 mL 150 38 0 0

or

Sailor Jerry's Rum - 69 Calories (Cpt Morgan is 60)
    Coke Zero - ZERO!

With that in mind, however, understand that it isn't the calories that are beating your diet:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/md19.htm

Just want to make sure you have the facts. Good luck, and enjoy the game!!!!