Which is better?

Options
Zumba dvds or the Zumba games for the Wii? Why?

Replies

• NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Really? No one has an opinion or a suggestion?
  • liroez29
    liroez29 Posts: 221
    Options
    Sorry, I haven't done either one.....
  • EmilyMarieMo
    EmilyMarieMo Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have a zumba for the PS3 and it's never been opened! I've had it for a year now! Maybe I'll try it and see!
  • becka_anaily
    Options
    :happy: personally i perfer zumba wii i had both but found it hard to do the dvd so dont waste ur money on that and zumba wii is more fun!!
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I only have the Wii game and can say that I LOVE it --so much fun! Never tried the DVD's
  • alib510
    alib510 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    i like zumba for the wii. you can do 20mins, with warm up and cool down and burn over 200kcals. i haven't tried the dvds though, but i like being able to fit in 20mins here and there, in between my daughter's naps and playdates!
  • tuana333
    Options
    I actually have Zumba on Kinect and it is pretty good. There are a lot of incentives and extras on there. To me, the dvd's are boring compared to the game.
  • wamplerk
    wamplerk Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Find a Zumba group. The intensity and the fun will keep you interested. I've been doing it for 18 months and I'm not a gym brat by any means, but I do love Zumba. PS I have the Zumba for WWii but it's just not the same.
  • H0neybug
    H0neybug Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba for the Xbox Kinect and like that I can learn the moves in the privacy of my home without bumping into everyone while I go the wrong way.

I like the current music at the live classes as opposed to the generic Latin music on the game. If the DVD's have current tunes it might be just as enjoyable as playing the game in the privacy of my home with current tunes.

It doesn't matter how or where you do...just Zumba!
  • JLizzie85
    Options
    I love the Wii Zumba. I get a great workout and I love being in control of how much I do at a time. I exercise an hour a day 6 days a week on the Wii (using a combo of Wii Zumba, Wii Fit, and Wii Biggest Loser). Some days I will do an hour of all Zumba and some days I will only do 20 minutes of Zumba. No matter how long I do Zumba for, it is always a great workout.

I am partial though. I love working out at home. It is cheaper than a gym, I can do it with my family, and I can do it anytime...all in the privacy of my own home. I am a student and being busy with class all the time, it is perfect to be able to squeeze in workouts whenever I have time that day.

Hope this helps.
  • aguilarrumiko
    aguilarrumiko Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have the Zumba DVDs and I love them! :-)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    The workouts are very similar, in fact some are exactly the same. So it's really just a matter of preference or money. The Wii games are cheaper than the DVDs if you already have a Wii. I like the DVDs better because there are real people on them, but the Wii is really fun too. The Zumba 2 Wii game has more realistic looking characters. (I have the DVDs, my daughter has the Wii games and I do them with my grandsons some times).
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I've only done it on the Wii once. I find I do not have much rhythm, but I did feel it was tough.

I have never done the DVD's but after my experience with the Wii game I would bet that it is easier to follow on the WIi for a beginner.
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    i do classes at the gym and love them..
    I have the Wii game too though and its fun :)