Mexican Food

Options
I'm going out to eat with a friend from college, she suggested mexican food. I don't know the name of the restaurant so I can't look at the nutrition online. HELP!

What are some usually low cal mexican foods I should lean toward to stay on track.
Tips ?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,130 Member
    Options
    Just stay away from the chips!

Fajitas are meat and veggies cooked in butter, so avoid.

Ask for cheeses and guacamole and sour cream on the side so you can monitor your intake.

Most of Mexican refried beans have lard in them so ask to sub black beans if available. Don't eat the rice.

The good thing about Mexican is there are lots of tasty salsas and pico de gallo. Even guacamole is good in small quantities.
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    I dunno, I usually enjoy myself when I go out to eat. Yesterday for breakfast we went out and I had 2 carne asada tacos, rice and beans, and chips and salsa. It was amazing! I just did my usual workout and went a little lower cal for the rest of the day to keep my cals under the recommended number.
  • BrookieS81
    BrookieS81 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    There may be some kind of taco salad, and you can ask for all condiments on the side. Or maybe some chicken tacos, but don't eat the shell and ask for extra lettuce and veggies?
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Don't worry so much. Take it easy at breakfast and supper and enjoy the time with your friend! Otherwise have a taco salad with chicken, use salsa for dressing, and don't eat the bowl.
  • steffiejoe
    steffiejoe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I would have the fajita's.