Tall Ladies??

Options
13»

Replies

• mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9. Currently at 175 wearing size 11 jeans. I use to be 135 wearing size 9 jeans. My goal is 140-145, size 9 jeans.
  • sandy_taylor13
    sandy_taylor13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and currently 159, I started out at 169 and was really pushing my size 10s to the limit. Now I'm back to a size 8 and certain size 6 pants from Anne Taylor (but of course we all know about vanity sizing). My goal is 145, I've come close before and got into size 4s so I figured it possible again. Im doing P90X, Insanity and keeping the calories between 1200 and 1500 (or i just eat 1/2 the calories I burn back). I always thought i would be stuck at a size 10, but these work out really worked my entire body and changed my shape.
  • kaybelmore
    Options
    5'8" and 117-118lbs. My pant size ranges from 2adult-7juniors (depending on the store) usually resting around a 4. (Also WTF stores for not being standard....)

Body shape: Lanky as a string bean :P
  • worldhurdler
    worldhurdler Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'0" as well! My current weight is 168lb (up from my low of 160lb this summer - darn travel and holidays!) My HW +3yrs ago was 214lb.
    I wear an 8/10 depending on the store and cut (with one size 6!) I'd like to be a consistent size 8, and camp out in the 155-160lb range.
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and currently 169 with a goal weight of 150. I agree that goal weight is different for everyone. I've gotten down to 155 before(for a very short time) and still had jiggly bits, so this time I'm really trying to focus on toning and strength.

There is and awesome group of over 300 tall ladies in the groups section called Totally Tall Women of MFP! Come join!
  • miseryhead75
    miseryhead75 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and currently 229 lbs and size 18. I would like to be 160-170 and size 12. I have a big bone structure (it's not an excuse it's true!) and even when I was skinny in jr high and high school I was still a size 10-12 because of my large jutting out hip bones.

I really don't care what size I'm in or how much I way, I just want to feel comfortable in my own skin and be confident again. After babies I never expect to look the same as I did in high school. Just want to be a better me!

Big-bone structure is a fact! My chiropractor told me (after an x-ray) when I was about 10 years old that I had very large, dense bones. My wrist after losing weight so far look freakishly knobby and skeletal, however, they're still 7 inches around. My hands and feet aren't exactly delicate either! The good thing about it is that I've never had any broken bones, and I am a first-class KLUTZ!
  • rachelw16
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and at my goal range of 127 pounds--I want to stay between 125-129 :) I'm a size 6 mostly, depending on the store.
  • rrrbecca11
    Options
    5'8" and 117-118lbs. My pant size ranges from 2adult-7juniors (depending on the store) usually resting around a 4. (Also WTF stores for not being standard....)

Bony high-five heck YEAH!! ;-)
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Currently 5'10" / 196 pounds / size 16 (a couple of 14's)

I would like to be in a size 10 with no muffin top and how much I'll weigh at that point is unknown...
  • kittyneutron
    kittyneutron Posts: 160 Member
    Options

Yikes! Are you trying to lose weight? You are already substantially underweight based on your BMI. Sorry if I am being rude, just not sure why you are trying to lose weight.
  • 7memyselfandI
    Options
    I am 5'10" and my CW is 149, goal is 140-145. My SW was 185, it has taken 2+ years of very slow progress, but I'm down over 35 lbs and lots of inches :) I tend to wear a US size 6, but I do have some jeans and dresses in size 4.