Low Calorie Cocktails

Options
tamheath
tamheath Posts: 702 Member
I see this topic over and over. I happen to be an expert on the subject. This shamelessly stolen from http://www.squidoo.com/lowcalcocktails. Hope someone gets some use from it!

Tasty Low Cal Cocktails

Low cal doesn't always come hand-in-hand with tasty, delicious, easy, yummy and fun. With health becoming an increasingly important topic, I want to show you a fun and tasty way to continue enjoying cocktails while cutting back on the calories, carb and fat intake.

The Maggie McQuade
Vanilla Vodka
Diet Gingerale
2 simple ingredients and one tasty low-cal treat!

Margarita, Reinvented
Tequila
Crystal Light Lemonade
Sierra Mist Free or Sprite Zero

A regular blended Margarita can be a whopping 400 calories. A Margarita on the rocks (170 cals) using these low-cal ingredients tastes delicious and is much easier on the scale!

Mimosa

2 oz. of Minute Maid Light Orange Juice
3 oz. Champagne
Mix these 2 ingredients and voila... you have a 90 calorie Mimosa!

Mojito, Done Right
3 Fresh Mint Sprigs
Substitute 2 teaspoons of Sugar for a packet of Splenda
3 Tablespoons of Fresh Lime Juice
1.5oz of Light Rum
Club Soda (or substitute with Fresca for an even lower calorie drink)
Not only is this an low-calorie drinks, but it's also rich in antioxidants thanks to the lime and mint juices!

Sour Apple Martini

2 1/2 oz. sour mix
3/4 oz. Vodka
3/4 oz. Sour Apple Liqueur
Not all Martini's are off limits! This tasty treat is a mere 160 calories and a guaranteed good time!

White Wine Spritzer
White Wine (try to stick to dry wines as they usually contain fewer calories)
Dilute with Club Soda or Sparkling Water or Diet 7-UP

You get more glasses for fewer calories! Enjoy your favorite wines with a bubbly twist.

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Replies