Super, Quick Easy Meals

Options
Hi everyone,

I have a little dilemma. Two nights a week, I have 15 minutes to run in my door, change out of my work clothes, eat dinner and then leave to get to my night class on time. I'm getting really sick of frozen lean cuisines and left-overs. Any suggestions for some quick, easy meals that I can make in 5-10 minutes or less?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• mollyjackson82
    Options
    well that is nearly impossible...how do you cook dinner, eat, and change clothes in 15 minutes!?!?!?!? you pretty much aren't left with many good options. pretty much can have sandwiches, canned soup, tv dinners, cereal. hummmm...maybe make some burritos and freeze them and then nuke them? I would also make your own meals and freeze them then eat store bought frozen dinners that have small servings and high sodium. you could take them out of the freezer the night before and pu them in the fridge and then they will only take a couple minutes to nuke the next night.
  • mollyjackson82
    Options
    how could i forget this....CROCK POT!!!!
  • mama2mila
    Options
    Breakfast for dinner!! Eggs & toast, omelette, breakfast burrito, oatmeal, or just make sure to make something ahead of time. Or like the previous poster... crockpot! Google crockpot recipes, there are TONS!
  • Jezzimika
    Options
    Try some of the heat up meals. It isn't super fresh, and higher in sodium than desired, but it will always be ready and hot for when you need it. I like to use these for my lunches mainly, and I get things like Lean Cuisine Pizza or Sandwiches since I don't eat those really outside of the heatup meals. So it's like pre-portioned little treat :)
  • coravette74
    Options
    Zip Lock Steam Bags! You can cook an entire meal for one person in the microwave in less than 5 minutes. I add a boneless, skinless chicken breast or tilapia fillet to one and sprinkle in whatever seasonings I feel like (I add fresh lemon and onion slices with the fish) and put it in the microwave for whatever time it says on the bag. They even have the times for frozen meats and veggies. While that is cooking, pop some fresh veggies (even asparagus) in another bag and throw it in the microwave when the meat is done. There you have it. I have to admit I was sceptical at first about cooking meat in the microwave but it always comes out tender and juicy. Good luck to you.
  • ivyslocum
    Options
    Try making extra of the meals you make on the other days of the week, freeze in serving size containters and nuke when you get home. - still a frozen dinner but not as much sodium and all that stuff. Plus if you make 2 extra servings of the other foods, it will not take long and you can have something you didnt have earlier in the week. Or my mom used to take one day a month, make like 10 different meals, portion them up and freeze them. Then you dont have to eat the same thing over and over you have 10 different things, plus whatever you made for the week.

or like previously mentioned....... CROCK POT - its my life savor on days I have to work late, My 2 year old doesnt do well with, dinner will be late hunny mommy had to work late. FOOD NOW!! thats how she thinks :)

Good luck
  • ucan2012
    ucan2012 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    3 egg omlette.
    fill with cheese
    ham
    bacon
    parsley sundried tomatoes
    easy n quick i have this 4 tea when i have no time to spare has lots of protien
    can use whatever u like 4 fillings good luck ....:bigsmile: