Hello from Houston Texas, daughter and I are trying to lose

Options
We just started so please think of us....I am on a 1000 calorie a day diet and my daughter is on a 1200 a day diet. I am so excited we found this web, it is really going to help. Thanks to the creater.....

Replies

• leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Welcome, you will love this site, the tools are great and so are the people! :smile: Try not to think of it as a diet but a lifestyle change. Did your Dr. put you on 1000 calories?? That is very low, the lowest i think mfp suggests is 1200. Read the threads about starvation mode.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/777-why-is-starvation-mode-so-bad

Good Luck to you and your Daughter. :flowerforyou:
  • truefaith7960
    truefaith7960 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much, yes my doctor put me on the 1000 calorie a day. You are so right, a life style change, I like that.
  • rosabella
    rosabella Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    And welcome from Houston! :laugh: I know you're going to love this site, because the people here are so supportive, and they don't think of this as a diet, or a way to "quickly" lose weight, but a gradual change that will bring you energy and health for the rest of your life.

I also would talk to your doctor about the 1000-calorie per day diet. If there is no underlying medical reason and you just want to weigh less to become healthy, I would say that is too low of a number.

Best of luck to both of you! :flowerforyou:
  • supermom1114
    supermom1114 Posts: 577
    Options
    Welcome fellow Houstonian!!! Good Luck to you and your daughter, I'm sure you'll love this site!
  • onfleur
    onfleur Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Welcome, welcome, welcome! You have chosen a great site. You will love it here. Good people, lots of support and resources too. My best to you both!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the best website ever. You will love it here, I do. This site is so helpful, supportive, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: