I need some input

Options
Ok so the past two weeks i hadnt lost any weight i was working out at least 1 1/2 hours each day and eating 1200 -1500 calories daily. Then i sprained my ankle and have been out of the gym for about a week most days i have also been over my calories and fat and sodium for the day by kind of alot i assumed that i would gain some weight till i got back in the gym. Well today i weighed myself and realized i had lost about 2lbs. Do you guys think i should up my calorie intake when i get back to working out? Im thinking that since i was only eating 1200 daily and burning at least 600 daily it is what stopped my weight loss. Your opinions would be greatly appreciated

Replies

• MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I think you lost muscle. Just because the scale goes down, it doesn't necessarily mean it's all good. We want to lose fat, not muscle and not working out after you've been working out will cause your muscles to be broken down for fuel (because your body sees they aren't needed).

I'm going through something similar because I can't work out -- at all -- due to a head injury. I could tell myself that I'm okay because after a quick weight gain, I am now losing again. But I can see my muscles are smaller than they used to be so I know I'm going to be in trouble in the long run.
  • chantell7
    chantell7 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I reckon you might have been going through a Plato and by eating over you'v spiked your metabolism and probley broken through it . =) Doubt if it'd b muscle loss.
  • miamigirll
    Options
    I would give it a few days once you get your schedule back in order and adjust it from there. Start with what you initially tried...
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    eat yuor exercise cals so you are netting at least 1200.