Pumpkin recipes - can of pumpkin

Options
I still have two cans of pumpkin left from this fall when I was making pumpkin muffins a lot - does anyone have any good (and not overkill on the calories) pumpkin recipes for me? :-)

Replies

• keywestsunset
    keywestsunset Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    won't get rid of it quickly, but I read in a fitness mag to mix a little pumpkin puree with plain or vanilla yogurt, add a little nutmeg and its a sweet and healthy dessert
  • musicgirl99
    musicgirl99 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I've been making "pumpkin pudding" - 1 can pumpkin, 1 container fat free cool whip, 2 tsp. cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. nutmeg, tip of a tsp. of ground cloves. Mix ingredients together and chill. I really like it and it's pretty low cal.
  • Goalsforsusie
    Goalsforsusie Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    BUMP TO READ LATER
  • skrentz
    skrentz Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    When you are DYING for brownies, add one can of pumpkin to a boxed mix. Stir it up and bake. Add nothing else.
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    If you're making a box mix of cake or cookies, use pumpkin instead of eggs & oil. This is especially nice in brownies! Very moist.
  • nahralynn
    nahralynn Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I've been making "pumpkin pudding" - 1 can pumpkin, 1 container fat free cool whip, 2 tsp. cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. nutmeg, tip of a tsp. of ground cloves. Mix ingredients together and chill. I really like it and it's pretty low cal.

That's so yummy and was exactly what I was going to suggest as well! I recall seeing this when I was doing WW years ago and it being called pumpkin fluff! Same thing, different names :D I would make this for get togethers and serve with graham crackers. Yum!
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

Makes 12 muffins

1.5 cups oat flour*
    3 x 30 gram scoops whey protein powder (vanilla)
    1 tsp baking soda
    1 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1/4 tsp sea salt
    1/2 cup stevia baking formula (or 12-14 stevia packets)
    1/3 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
    1 cup canned pumpkin
    1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce (1 snack pack)
    4 egg whites ( I used 1/2 cup liquid egg whites)
    1 tsp vanilla

* To make oat flour, just grind up old fashioned or quick oats in a blender or food processor.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix together dry ingredients in one bowl. Mix together wet ingredients in another bowl. Add the wet mixture to the dry and stir until blended. Scoop batter into a sprayed muffin tin and/or lined with paper liners.

Bake for 15-16 minutes until a toothpick comes clean.

Nutrition (per muffin) Calories: 139 Fat: 3.4 g Carbs: 21.5 g Fiber: 3.6 g Sugars: 5.1 g Sodium: 201 mg Protein: 9 g

My nutrition was different. Recipe via http://www.busybuthealthy.com
  • KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 424 Member
    Options
  • granolagrl85
    Options
    pumpkin pancakes
  • alicebud
    alicebud Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Pumpkin Pie Brownies

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/11/11/chocolate-pumpkin-pie-brownies/

I made these last night using almond milk and stevia. I think next time I'll use only 1/2 cup sugar and 2 T oil. You can omit the chocolate chips, they are chocolatey enough without the chips.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Get a spoon and go to town!
  • danigirl1011
    danigirl1011 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    One box of dry cake mix. One egg. One can of pumpkin. (I would totally go for spice cake, but have made this with chocolate also) Mix together and bake like the box says. I love it and you cut out all the oil fat and 2 eggs worth. You can sprnkle a tiny bit of choc chips in or sprinkle a tinsy bit of powdered sugar on top. It's a yummy dessert without too much guilt.

My sister sneaks pumpkin into her meals at home to add extra nutrients and her family doesn't know. She adds pumpkin to pancakes, chili, and spaghetti sauce.
  • rameyer1316
    Options
    I don't know the cals. but in WW it's 2 points. Mix a can of pumkin with a cake mix (spice or chocolate) with alittle water. spoon mixture into muffin pans. bake at 350 tell done in middle. I like to freeze them and add a little fat free cool whip.

I like the pudding idea, I'll have to try that.
  • greeneyedmama81
    greeneyedmama81 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    add 1 can of pumpkin puree to a box of sugar free devil's food cake (pilsbury) and make chocolate muffins. If you can stretch it out to 18 muffins the NI is 84 cals, 20 carbs, 2 fat, 2 protein. If you only make 12 then it's 127, 31, 4, and 2.
  • Laura82NH
    Laura82NH Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    If anyone here uses whey protein in their diet... this is a delicious option for a shake. Use 1/2 can pumpkin puree, 1 cup soymilk, 1 cup ice, 1/4 tsp nutmeg and 1 scoop of vanilla whey protein in the blender. My husband loves these too!
  • Pea4jjab
    Pea4jjab Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    In addition to the above recipes I also like to add 1/4 cup to my morning oatmeal and then add pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and stevia. So good and filling!
  • Alexa712
    Alexa712 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    bump ... I love pumpkin...
  • lynzy713
    lynzy713 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    bump
  • erintheinspiration
    erintheinspiration Posts: 229 Member
    Options

YUM!! I must remember this!