help! stayed the same :(

Options
its my second week and i got on the scales this morning and i stayed the same i have tracked everything,one thing im unsure of is the extra cals you get for exercise do i have them or stick to 1590 cal which was set up for me to loss a pound a week .

Replies

• brandonrdn
    Options
    its my second week and i got on the scales this morning and i stayed the same i have tracked everything,one thing im unsure of is the extra cals you get for exercise do i have them or stick to 1590 cal which was set up for me to loss a pound a week .
    The calories you burn can be used up as well, that's why it adds to your available calories when you log it. You can chose to use them or not. As far as the weight loss, don't look at the scale for results, look at how you feel, how you look, any noticeable changes. If you're just doing cardio, you should see results on the scale, but if you're also doing weight lifting and building muscle, then the muscle will weigh more than fat, causing the scale to show you weighing more, or the same, even if you have less fat.

Time of day has a factor, as well as if you ate, etc. There are a lot of reasons why it wont show weight loss, just don't give up after a week.
  • 13joanne
    Options
    thanks your right i do feel better i really thought i had lost some, i think thats why i was gutted,well its a new week i will see how it goes.
  • brandonrdn
    Options
    Like I mentioned in a different thread. I dropped 40 lbs and couldn't tell a difference until I put pictures next to each other. It takes time, effort, and determination. Do it for yourself and don't give up. Try to go off of NSV's(Non-Scale Victories) such as pants fitting looser, being able to run farther/faster, etc. It's a lot more fulfilling to do that than to rely on scale-only success.
  • 13joanne
    Options
    thanks will do , i did try a new class at the gym, that was a great feeling.
  • AprilOneFourFour
    AprilOneFourFour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    If you feel smaller, be motivated by that. And maybe start taking your measurements, they're more meaningful really.
  • catic
    catic Posts: 156
    Options
    Hey I'm on day 30 and I haven't lot a pound! I am trying to find a the right foods that work for me and it's hard!! Just hang in there, exercise and play with you calories. Check out this site someone send me to figure out your daily calorie intake.

http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html
  • ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Hey there!

A exact same thing happened to me & it's sooo discouraging!!! I lost about 3 kg in the first week so I just kept thinking about how that was a big loss and that kept me going, however the following week I only lost 400 grams! Then I just got really angry! But I kept at it and the following week I lost 1.8kg and in total now I have lost 5.8kg. I have only been doing this for about a month. So keep at it.

If you haven't already, measure yourself. I wish I did to see the difference, but my clothes are already getting quite loose on me! Like they were really TIGHT before I started, now I should be buying the smaller size, so I guess I lost about a dress size :-)

You can do it!!!! I did, so you can too! x
  • 13joanne
    Options
    Thanks I will see how it goes roll on wed morning .
  • kford12
    kford12 Posts: 112
    Options
    Like I mentioned in a different thread. I dropped 40 lbs and couldn't tell a difference until I put pictures next to each other. It takes time, effort, and determination. Do it for yourself and don't give up. Try to go off of NSV's(Non-Scale Victories) such as pants fitting looser, being able to run farther/faster, etc. It's a lot more fulfilling to do that than to rely on scale-only success.

Very, very true and good advice :o)
  • Birdmyrna
    Birdmyrna Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    The calories you burn can be used up as well, that's why it adds to your available calories when you log it. You can chose to use them or not. As far as the weight loss, don't look at the scale for results, look at how you feel, how you look, any noticeable changes. If you're just doing cardio, you should see results on the scale, but if you're also doing weight lifting and building muscle, then the muscle will weigh more than fat, causing the scale to show you weighing more, or the same, even if you have less fat.

Time of day has a factor, as well as if you ate, etc. There are a lot of reasons why it wont show weight loss, just don't give up after a week.

I totally agree ! I just went through a 2 week period with no weight loss but when I weighed this morning I had lost nearly 2 lbs..just remember how long it took to gain the weight....just hang in there...it will come off I promise !!
  • Birdmyrna
    Birdmyrna Posts: 21 Member
    Options

Very, very true and good advice :o)

Excellent advise !!
  • 13joanne
    Options
    I really am going for it this week ,it's the weekend I find hard but I'm ok if I'm busy its when I stop all I want to do is eat !!!!