Cheat days.

Options
I know this sounds silly, but today is my monthly cheat day and I feel as excited as a kid on Christmas eve. My bff's hubby goes out of town and we get together, rent a scary movie, have drinks, eat pizza or mexican food, chat and are just plain silly.

So when are your cheat days and what do you do? :):):)

Replies

• sspetter
    sspetter Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Mary, this made me laugh! You gotta have a day now and then don't you! Skinny Girl Martgariettas along with cheese, olives, you know those yummy hor dourve type foods are cheat.
  • Mary067
    Options
    Margaritas!!! It is kinda silly that I would be so amped up about it, I'm a grown woman and I get this excited about food. *sigh* I am going to make some snacky type foods for next time :)
  • wendy0317
    Options
    Margaritas...YUMMY. I'm waiting until I'm down 20lbs to have a cheat day. I think a Maragrita will be on the menu. Tell Aimee I said Hi!
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I have a cheat day a week. I eat what i want as the cravings come. If i have no cravings that day then i will save it for the next day, and so on.

I am looking foward to my cheat day tomorrow though!

Oddly enough i was pumpkin pie gelato. 9-9
  • Jenn807
    Options
    I think we all have to have "cheat" days now and then. :) If we dont we will want to eat the bad stuff all the time beucase we cant have it. Usually Saturdays are my cheat days. Seems to be more going on that day and of course a couple drinks!!! LOL Good luck all of you! I also dont deprive myself of anything. I work for a hotel and just today a guest brought me a chocolate chip cookie. I at 1/4 and gave the rest away. So it was SOOOOO GOOD but I dont feel horrible for eating some. :)
  • NikkiPsuedoDupuis
    NikkiPsuedoDupuis Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Once a week I get together with my sister and have a couple glasses of wine.....big ones LOL
  • kd80538
    kd80538 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I used to "schedule" cheat days. Not so much anymore...but if I have a day that I feel the need, I take it. I'm realizing that this is my new lifestyle...and I'm human, and will have those days when a goodie and I have to be best friends again :) Most of the time, that goodies is a sweet of some kind...other days, it's just a free for all :)

The difference between the old me and the new me...I try not to let those days be frequent, and I try to not allow myself to feel guilty for them...otherwise, I get caught up in negative self talk and it takes me longer to "get back on track" Some days are easier/better than others...but the awesome part about this is that since this is my new lifestyle, I know what it takes to get back into the swing of things and how to offset "those days" :)
  • Mary067
    Options
    :
  • Mary067
    Options
    Hey Wendy!!! didn't know you were still on here. You are on my list of friends, of which its you :), I'll send you a message :):):)
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I think this is a great idea for some of us :bigsmile: For myself, I have to make it a cheat meal instead of an entire cheat day because I fear I will completely overdo it and ruin all my hard work that week. I have a pretty low calorie deficit and I am not able to exercise as often as I would like due to physical limitations. I try to have a cheat meal every couple weeks. Tomorrow is my DH birthday and he wants to order a pizza instead of having the thin crust ones we make at home. I am looking forward to it but I also worry about the rest of the evening after I have this treat. I tend to have the mentality that I have blown a meal so I might as well blow the rest of the day. It can lead into a binge. I have a plan for tomorrow and I am going to show myself that I can stick to it!