I'm on a mission. Who's with me?

Options
I'm on a mission for me. Not for my friends, not for my co-workers, not for my boyfriend. Me. I want to be healthier. I want to be less tired. I'm ready for change, and as I see it, that's the first step.

I'm a 23 year old vegetarian who runs a community theatre in Washington state. At the moment I am working on losing 40 pounds. I've been meaning to lose weight for about 2 years now but I let life get the better of me. But I am now I am ready for that step toward a healthier life-style.

I would like to say, though, that a big push for me to lose weight happened when my boyfriend presented me with tickets to Hawaii for this coming August. This is not the only reason, but it sure is a great motivator. Nor do I, however, plan to lose all 40 pounds by then. But, I think it's a good goal to keep my eyes on. By then I'm expecting to lose 20-30 pounds.

I'm new to this site and was wondering if there was anyone out there who wanted to be part of a support team on here. I know I do better when I have to report back on what I've accomplished. If you are interested add me. Thanks! And good luck on your weight-loss endeavors!

I'm on a mission. Who's with me?

-Sarahann

Replies

• christyb777
    Options
    Totally with you!! Let's do this!!! =)
  • Thelala
    Thelala Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this for me too~ shall we have a plan?
  • mamasasa
    mamasasa Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. Add me as a friend :-)
  • BoxOfficeTroll
    BoxOfficeTroll Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wow. I'm so excited! I didn't think I'd get a response this soon. haha. Thelala, to be honest, I hadn't thought that far ahead. But I think that would be great! Do you have any proposals? I think anything would be good even if it was as simple as checking in once a week. But let me know. Thanks!

-Sarahann
  • Bombbombgo
    Options
    In!!!! Have about the same amount to lose... Add me!
  • mluchies
    Options
    I'm In!!! I am getting married in August and want to look great for me....and to look like I belong next to my beautiful and supportive bride. Good luck! Just by taking good steps and sticking to it, you can do 1-pound a week and get down 30 pounds by August without killing yourself.
  • Thelala
    Thelala Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I used to be on a pay diet site. They had all kinds of cool ideas.
    We would have a "theme" for the month like
    FEBRUARY FITNESS.
    and then set up personal short term goals.. and long term goals, and maybe how we plan to get there.

we might figure out a point system or some kind of reward system and report in at least 2 times a week.

I haven't noticed any notifiers from this thread, have you?
  • BoxOfficeTroll
    BoxOfficeTroll Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I think those are all great ideas! I like the themes for every month. I say lets do it!

I haven't noticed...is that bad?