Small to some, but HUGE for me

Many people probably won't think I'm very inspiring. I've been a healthy weight most of my life. The only time I was at an unhealthy BMI was after 2 miscarriages and one wonderful healthy pregnancy. After our losses, I was understandably worried about losing our son. I ate too much throughout my pregnancy and ended up gaining over 50 pounds. Once I gave birth to a wonderful healthy 7 pound 7 ounce baby boy, I had a bunch of weight to lose.
I hit the gym, hard, and started watching what I eat. Now I've lost all the weight from my pregnancy PLUS the ten pounds I gained comforting myself with food after each miscarriage. Sure it's not the amazing poundage that some folks have lost but I feel really good about it all the same. I'm trying out a new career as an actress model and am currently in a contest to be a spokesmodel for RockStar Wigs! It's pretty crazy. I never thought I could become a model AFTER having kids.

Replies

• cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Congratulations. I don't think losing pregnancy weight is a small feat. I commend any mom who has time to workout.
  • if its huge to you thats all the matters. and your story sounds pretty good to me :)

well done!
  • I myself have had 2 miscarriages, but have went on to have 3 healthy babies. With my first baby I gained 61lbs, with my second I gained 40lbs, and with my 3rd(which was just 5mos ago) I gained 45lbs. I weighed a whooping 200lbs when I gave birth to my last. Thats not a good weight on a 5'3 frame. But since I had him I am now down to 144lbs. I too started hitting the gym a month after I had him. I stopping losing the weight at 172. In just 4 short months I have lost a totally of 28lbs. I still have roughly 10 more pounds to lose. So i know what you mean by when you say it may not be much but it sure does make me feel really good. This is the best I have looked after any of my pregnancies.
  • Never put your journey down. Break the ruler and don't compare yourself to anyone else! That is a fantastic accomplishment and now you are a super healthy mommy for your little boy.
  • I love that "Break the ruler" phrase!
  • Thank you! I'm lucky to have a very suppportive husband.
  • I was going to reply to everyone individually, but I don't seem able to do that. I'm still getting the hang of this. :)
    Thank you all for you kind words and encouragement!
    and I too love the "break the ruler" line... I'm totally using that.

if any of you are curious about the modeling contest I'm in here is a link:
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/RockStarWigs?v=app_135636729827676&app_data=cid_995
    no pressure to vote, but there are some pretty cool submissions.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!