Is it okay to eat 1 cookie or 1 piece of candy every day?

Options
I have a huge sweet tooth and I've noticed myself going crazy with no chocolate the past couple weeks. Is it okay if everyday I have 1 cookie, 1 skinny cow ice cream sandwich, or 1 small piece of candy? [Like today I had 1 Ferrero Rocher Hazelnut Candy]. As long as I keep within my calories do you think this will hurt my chances of losing weight?

Replies

• Shoechick5
    Shoechick5 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    As long as you stay within your calories and meet your daily nutrition eat what you want.
  • allnewskinnyme
    allnewskinnyme Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    As long as you stay within your calories and meet your daily nutrition eat what you want.

Exactly! Totally denying yourself can increase the cravings so keep it within your allowance and you're all good :)
  • katsmo
    katsmo Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I think it's okay as long as you account for it. I am not a proponent of banning foods completely from your diet. If I'm doing okay on calories, I have one or two Dove Dark Chocolate Promises (less than 100 calories). I feel that allowing myself this treat prevents me from splurging on something more damaging down the line.
  • slashkiss
    slashkiss Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have 2-4 dove dark promises every night while watching tv with my husband ... it is my treat for a day of healthier eating!
  • lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I have a huge sweet tooth and I've noticed myself going crazy with no chocolate the past couple weeks. Is it okay if everyday I have 1 cookie, 1 skinny cow ice cream sandwich, or 1 small piece of candy? [Like today I had 1 Ferrero Rocher Hazelnut Candy]. As long as I keep within my calories do you think this will hurt my chances of losing weight?
    No it will not hurt your chances of losing weight, as long as you stay under your calorie goal. I have 1 skinny cow ice cream sandwich OR a weight watchers bar every day. I have a major sweet tooth as well and my treat ALWAYS involves chocolate:love: .
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Speaking from experience, i have chocolate every day.

Packet of crisps every night before bed.

A donut on shopping day.

But, i log them, account for the cals, keep my deficit, hit my macros, exercise hard, and then eat whatever i fancy, and it's been amazingly easy for me. )
  • meribethd
    meribethd Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have a piece of dark chocolate daily.. Just account for it, stay in your calorie range, eat well balanced meals and it's totally fine!
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Yes. Chocolate in bed works well. :smile:
  • OceansForever
    OceansForever Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone unless that one cookie or piece of candy will lead to 10 more.

The only reason I am saying this is that I have to cut everything candy/chocolate related out as it will lead me down the wrong path again. I am a complete sugar addict and seem to lose all self-control when it comes to that. :cry:
  • Kaison02
    Options
    It is alright if you want to eat the candy or cookie..

When i first started on my new eating plan it was hard for me to stop eating the sweets. I read a book that said When you crave chocolate or something sweet. eat frozen grapes, After getting like that for a week. I dont even crave any of the refined sugars anymore. I don't crave sweets at all, I usually eat as many grapes i can for breakfast. it gets me thru.. If i generally have a problem where i do crave, i eat an apple during the day.. I was sharing this story because, This could be an alternative.. It worked for both me and my mom who ended up giving up soda because it became toooo sweet for her.

But by all means, Eat what you want. As long as you stay under your goal, your golden :D
  • sheystar
    Options
    yes! :) it's actually better than depriving yourself from it because it will just lead to bingeing. just keep control of your portion and stay under your calories and you're good to go! :)
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I think it is perfectly fine :)
  • freckles465
    Options
    It is alright if you want to eat the candy or cookie..

When i first started on my new eating plan it was hard for me to stop eating the sweets. I read a book that said When you crave chocolate or something sweet. eat frozen grapes, After getting like that for a week. I dont even crave any of the refined sugars anymore. I don't crave sweets at all, I usually eat as many grapes i can for breakfast. it gets me thru.. If i generally have a problem where i do crave, i eat an apple during the day.. I was sharing this story because, This could be an alternative.. It worked for both me and my mom who ended up giving up soda because it became toooo sweet for her.

But by all means, Eat what you want. As long as you stay under your goal, your golden :D

I actually recently just discovered frozen grapes, and on the days I eat them, I don't crave sweets as much. But, I haven't bought any in a week or so, so this week had been hard with no sweets.
  • anastasisfm
    Options
    I just joined this site so I could reply to this thread. The truth is is if you remove all of the mental aspects of food and weightloss, you actually can get into an equilibrium with your body. (this is assuming you have a base knowledge that eating vegetables and fruit is better for your body than eating chips). Once you remove the mental energy away from how many calories you are burning and how many you are "allowed" to eat, you can actually reach a healthy weight.
    For instance, some days I am a lot more hungry that other days. So yes, I eat more on those days. With in your month, your apatite level fluctuates with your hormones (I am a female). If you listen to your body, you will have a balance and you will not gain weight. I eat dessert every day, usually twice a day. I'm not talking a piece of cheese cake, but I have cookies, chocolate (milk or dark, what ever you like). And some days I just don't feel like it.
    When you focus all of the attention on the numbers associated with food (calories, number of cookies) this can completely interfere with your bodies ability to regulate your weight. Your brain releases compounds that turn your appetite on, and ones that turn it off. This regulation goes further than just one meal. If you have been at a weight for a long time, your body is going to want to keep you at this set point. That is why losing weight becomes really difficult sometimes because your body is constantly producing appetite hormones. When you add this on top of peoples constant enumeration of everything they eat, you have a recipe for yo-yo weight loss.
    So most of you will not believe a word I am saying, because why has no one up to this point just promoted having a healthier intuitive relationship with food? Well that is because soo much money can be made off of it. And people love to focus on numbers, that is our nature. But to really combat the weight issue plaguing North America, we need to promote the culture of food and enjoying it with friends and family, and take the focus off of the numbers. Once you have a more positive less number-oriented relationship with food, your body will maintain a healthy weight for you. Of course you need to eat vegetables and fruit and whole grains. We all know that by now. But try shifting the focus away from the numbers.
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    all 3 I eat up to a pint of Choc gelato every day otherwise my sweettooth will sabotage my plan...every day have the foods you LOVE...U will learn balance this way and u will never fail!! I love myself and FOOD!!! this is my daily mantra
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Only your scale can answer that for YOU. :)
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    I have a Snickers bar almost everyday - I did it while I was losing weight and have done it for years while maintaining. So in short, it's not only okay, it's a wise thing to do. Enjoy!
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    As long as its just one!

Kidding. If it fits in your calories, have at it!
  • stargazer008
    stargazer008 Posts: 531
    Options
    Yes, it's great to actually have a daily treat because it will reduce your chances of binging on them.
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Only your scale can answer that for YOU. :)

tumblr_lmq076Kn1G1qgc4qt.gif