Hello, I'm Me

Options
lisam829
lisam829 Posts: 110 Member
My name is Lisa, I live the in Brandon area of Florida, which is outside of Tampa. I will be 25 in August. I am married, no kids, just a cat. My husband is trying to join the Army, and has been training very hard in anticipation of this. He looks amazing....and I don't. I have the stomach pooch thing going on. So I am going healthy so I will look amazing when he returns.

Replies

• genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    welcome to mfp
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the best website ever. You will love it here, I do. This site is so helpful, supportive, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: welcome to the first step!
  • dtperkins
    dtperkins Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, Lisa. My name is David, and I’m new to MFP, just like you. Good luck. If you believe in yourself and stay focused on your goal, you can do it. Don’t get discouraged, even if you fall behind now and then. It’s all up to you and how determined you are. When you’re tempted to give in to bad food, or you feel like you don’t have the will to exercise when you should, remember that those are the moments, repeated over time, that will make the difference between success and “well, I tried.” Good luck!
  • lisam829
    lisam829 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    thanks for words of encouragement!!! I think the hardest thing for me is my roommates, they love going out for dinner or bringing home fast food. after a long day at work and working out, its very tempting to just get something fast instead of cooking myself. That and soda, I have a horrible addiction to soda.
  • lisamgould
    lisamgould Posts: 68
    Options
    Welcome Lisa!!
    I was a soda addict too...I made myself have a glass of water with lemon juice in it first and then if I still want a soda I have one. Now I only drink a couple each week. Its like a treat!!!