Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

A letter I wrote to a friend and newcomer to MFP. I thought

lorelai63
lorelai63 Posts: 417 Member
edited September 19 in Success Stories
Welcome to MyfitnessPal. I warn you it can be as addicting as Face book but with much better results. I signed on in late January. I set a small goal for me of about 30 pounds or so I think. I have lost 20. Let me tell you it came off slow. But every time I got to check in with a new number and saw that number change it gave me new incentive to keep at it. I simply let the calculator add up my calories and tried to stay in the area I was told I should be. After a while it got very easy to record and just took a few minutes each night. Its now been about 22 weeks. I have lost 20 pounds without exercise. NOPE not even a walk. Just the way I like it but not recommending this. I tried to drink a lot of water and eat a lot of fruit and veggies everyday but never gave up my regular foods. If I wanted it I had it and got over it and got back at it the next day. I did not talk, think or stress about the DIET as it is called. I just did it. I call this the first no stress diet I have ever done. NOW my first reward was this weekend when I went away to the Women of Faith Conference that I go to every year. What differences I experience with just 20 pounds off. It was so funny, here are a few. My bus seat was much more comfortable, I actually craved my water and salads. We walked a lot and my feet and hips did not hurt once! I was not in the bathroom with cramps from over eating both days, this names a few of the rewards I enjoyed. I ate everything I wanted and noticed that there was always something left on my plate. WEIRD! Wishing you luck and fun with this website. You can do it if I can that's for sure. Its so worth it.
Original Message

Replies

• rbeglen
    rbeglen Posts: 37
    I love you outllook and the way you chose to lose weight. Sometimes it is more about attitude than calories. It's pretty inspirational, thank you. I wish you the best of luck. You are proving to so many that weight loss is not impossible.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!