How to measure myself? And get it in the exact same spots ev

Options
I have a feeling that I will measure in a slightly different place every time making me think I have lost loads etc. Any tips ?

Replies

• Krohnie
    Krohnie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I've kind of wondered the same thing, my husband and i have joked about getting tatoos that show where we should put the tape.....:wink:
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I'm worried about this as well but I think I've been doing ok. My waist and neck are easy...my belly and chest are what I have a hard time with. Pretty sure I'm getting it in the same spot each time but its so hard to tell...
  • erisfreenici
    erisfreenici Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Beyond getting tattooed at the measuring points, I think you just have to wing it. Maybe measure in front of a mirror so you can really see where you're going with that measuring tape.
  • breeanreyes
    breeanreyes Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I always measure in front of a mirror, chest I always do right at the nipples and my waist is always the thinnest and thickest parts so I take a moment to check ( my thickest is right at my bellybutton so its easy that way) measurements can change surprisingly fast especially if you're working out, so take them and celebrate your successes
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    measurements can change surprisingly fast especially if you're working out, so take them and celebrate your successes

I'm glad to hear you say this...I've thought it was weird that I've had 3 inches come off of my belly in a short period of time...but as far as I can tell its an accurate measurement.
  • Teresa527
    Teresa527 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Basically just remember to measure at your biggest point for whatever part you are measuring. Example, largest part of thigh, hips (where but sticks out the most), chest is across the nipples, largest part of the upper arm, etc.
    Only exception is your natural waist and there you would measure the smallest part of your waist.
  • MissyGorman2012
    Options
    I always measure down from my upper thigh to a point and then measure around there. So I know I'm measuring at the same point each time.