Question for the Ladies

Options
Do any of you have problems sticking with your diet and excercise during your period? I get cramps so overwhelmingly horrible that I just don't want to move at all.
I don't feel all that tempted with food, I'm actually craving mostly good stuff, but I just have no motivation or energy to workout.

Replies

• koulamara
    koulamara Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Are you in my head??? Exactly like that!
  • toebass
    toebass Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I know EXACTLY what you mean!!

I play a lot of team sports (3 nights a week), so unless i actualy can't move, i make myself go not because i want to, but because the otehr peopel are counting on me.

if this is the only exercise i get for the 4 or 5 days that i'm on my cycle then that's good enough for me :)
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I try to go through with it but I've been known to skip a bad day and make it up later. I don't see any problem with that.
  • leann74016
    leann74016 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I am the very same way. I'm actually not due to start til middle of next week but having pmsing this week...its been a hard week to want to do anything really and next week will be the same.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Yeah....if it's that bad I just skip my workout. I usually only get cramps real bad one or two days. If I'm just tired I suck it up and workout though.
  • GuruOnAMountain
    GuruOnAMountain Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm the same. I never feel comfortable enough to exercise the first 3 days. Add to that the fact that I have massive sugar cravings during it which really doesn't help. I feel like I NEED chocolate during it and it is so hard to stay strong and avoid eating any.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Do any of you have problems sticking with your diet and excercise during your period?

No.

Exercise and orgasms have been shown time and again to relieve monthly discomforts.

True story.
  • tmoyer1209
    tmoyer1209 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I get exhausted too during that week, and even though I don't feel like working out, I feel better afterward. Even something low intensity like Yoga can be helpful, or just stretching, playing some games on Wii fit, or a walk might be alternatives you could enjoy.
  • Saxmis
    Saxmis Posts: 84
    Options
    I don't really have proper periods, but I definitely still PMS and get cramps once a month. I find that I'm more likely to binge during these times but for some strange reason, I find that I'm able to exercise much more than usual. I find myself much more energetic. It sometimes balances out the binging... only sometimes, though.
  • xokelxo
    Options
    when i have mine, i actually cant move because my back pain is usually brutal. yeah, there will not be any working out for those first 2 days lol. i just make up for it afterward.
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I found that eating healthily and drinking a LOT of water have really cut down on my cramps..as well as yeah, the exercising helping them as well....but I do enjoy a nice piece of dark chocolate during that time
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I understand but if you can push through the pain the workout sometimes helps with cramps and pain.
  • ShrinkingNinja
    ShrinkingNinja Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I find that I THINK I don't want to workout, but I almost always feel better for doing it anyway.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Do any of you have problems sticking with your diet and excercise during your period?

No.

Exercise and orgasms have been shown time and again to relieve monthly discomforts.

True story.
    ^^^^ this. Get the blood pumping. It really help
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

No.

True story.

Ditto. I get a little bit of each (sometimes at the same time) and I feel much better. Also, the longer I stick with a good diet and exercise, the less severe my symptoms are overall.
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I don't work out because I get wicked bad cramps and exercising makes them worse. And I totally crave chocolate and salty stuff so I have just a little. But I eat the same and do my normal schedule of things.
  • kykybab
    kykybab Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I find walking helps.. if I just stay still I feel worse.. no working out just walking:smooched:
  • MizThang
    Options
    I agree with the take it easy, maybe even some light exercise during those days. You can also try really hard to just eat right and stay within your calorie range so that you don't, at the least, gain wieght.

On another note, I was reading responses and now I can't keep chocolate out of my head. I think that will be my treat when I loose my first 20lbs. In moderation....of course. ;o) Got to reward yourself once n awhile ladies! WE DESERVE IT!!
  • Smansfield1
    Smansfield1 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Exercise is a must for me but I can't fight the cravings (I was 900 calories over yesterday!) but I know one bad day isn't going to kill me in the long run.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Eh, I have fibroids, which make periods heavier and more painful. Pop a midol, and go! You'll feel better than if you sit on the couch.