Too much protein?

Options
Ok, so I've just done my food diary for the day, and according to MFP, I'm going to overdose on protein today.

I'm having a serving of my turkey mince bolognese tonight, and I'm having some salmon in a salad for lunch (and other things throughout the day, like my breakfast of bagel and philly, and APPARENTLY, my cup of coffee too) and my daily goal is 45, but I'm going to be over by 19.

What are the disadvantages to having too much protein? Is protein the one that is store as fat if you eat too much or is that carbs...I can never remember.

Replies

• lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    MFP has the protein requirements WAY too low in my opinion and carbs way too high. I eat about 100 grams of protein a day and the same in carbs, try to keep them balanced. Protein is what keeps you full and feeds your muscles.
  • hlmoore1996
    hlmoore1996 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It's funny, because I am over my protein every day. I don't know how to avoid going over. I'm not even gonna try! Good luck!
  • emilymci94
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about going over! MFP sets them at the very minimum that you need or close to it. If you are at least somewhat active you should be getting more.
    If you're
    130lbs: 76.8 g to 106.4 g per day
    150lbs: 88.7 g to 122.8 g per day