Share your ab/core workout

Options
Hi Everyone! I am looking to hear what you all do to improve your core and work towards those abs.

I am recovering from elbow surgery where they put in 26 screws and 3 plates so I am unable to things such as planks. But I'd love to hear what you all do

Thanks in advance

Replies

• kfox15
    kfox15 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Ab ripper X twice a week but other than that I just focus on engaging my core while doing my other strength exercises like squats, dead lifts etc. I'm amazed at how sore my abs are on days I don't do a single sit up!
  • Legend2point0
    Options
    Hanging Knee Raises 25x3, twice a week
    Hanging Leg Lifts 25x3, twice a week
    Crunches 25x3, twice a week.
    Plank and hold 1 minute x 3, twice a week.

You'll feel that from sternun to pelvic bone, but it gets easier and easier.
  • live4turns
    live4turns Posts: 314 Member
    Options
  • Strobins05
    Options
    bump
  • daffodil23
    daffodil23 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Pilates is great for the core! I also find it relaxing and simple, and a lot my favorite moves don't require arms at all, like leg circles and such. Just that alone has my abs burning the next day.
  • addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Front pause squats 5 seconds or more
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Thank you soo much!! I will be saving all of these and mixing it up each week wit these :)
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    For direct core work; SLDL's, suspended leg raise, and hyperextensions. I tried a plank one time, but the dog decided they should be weighted...
  • ohpiper
    ohpiper Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Ab Rippers with P90X have been good for me.
  • Saxmis
    Saxmis Posts: 84
    Options
    For direct core work; SLDL's, suspended leg raise, and hyperextensions. I tried a plank one time, but the dog decided they should be weighted...

Haha, I don't think I have ever once laughed out loud whilst reading the forums here... until this!

My cat likes to try to give me nose kisses when I'm doing push-ups or planks... very distracting.

On another note, I do Pilates most days to keep my core in check =)
  • Tubby2Toned
    Tubby2Toned Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Overhead squats
    Ab wheel roll outs
    Wind mills
    Decline twisting weighted sit ups

Not all at the same time. Usually one or the other.
  • bmkx0
    bmkx0 Posts: 308
    Options
    bump
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Ab ripper X - usually twice a week.
  • Angela_thinner
    Angela_thinner Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You can do something as easy (ok, well anything with abs isn't really easy) as laying on your back, place your hands under your butt and just lift your legs, or just hold them up. You'll feel them.

Crunches of course.

The crunches that I did today was to lay on my back, legs at a 90% angle but spread in a V, hands stretched out in between the legs and lift your head and shoulders reaching your hands between your legs with each crunch.

Lots of great core exercises you can do if you get an exercise ball.

I'm so lucky to be able to take a core class at work 4 days a week at lunch time. I take a yoga class on the other day.

Good luck!
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Not sure what it's called, but I start with a side plank, put my hand on my ear, with my elbow up, then I tip myself down so my elbow is much closer to the floor, them back up. 6 on each side. Then sorta like crunches, but i stick my legs straight up and reach up to my ankles at the same time. Dozens of those stupid things, my trainer likes to kill us, and then a moving plank. (Start in a plank, then move to the side, left leg and arm, then right leg and arm, kinda like step, together, step, together. But on all fours.) Killer.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    ab ripper 3 times a week with leg and wrist weights, also do hanging leg raises, and planks. Have switched to AB Ripper two in the past three months, so now use it with weights. Its all good.
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    Randomabs.com has different ab workouts every day. They are always different and have a large variety of different ab moves, complete with a video of how to do each workout. They're pretty good workouts, although sometimes they say like "repeat 3 times" and I need to do it 4 times or do more reps to "feel the burn"