Major blip

Options
Felt I needed to confess to a massive fall off the wagon today. Copious amounts of chocolate and a McDonald's among other bits of rubbish. A total binge which I didn't log as it would be too depressing. First major blip of 25 days of logging and 18 gym sessions so trying not to beat myself up too much. In a bad way I actually enjoyed it, got it out of my system and am ready to focus again tomorrow. Plus booked in Zumba and gym for the weekend to try and balance. Weigh in on Monday will prob be very depressing but hey ho..... Must keep going!!! It's only one day......I hope!!

Replies

• brandonrdn
    Options
    It's always good to have a "cheat day." I usually take mine on Sunday's when I go out for the football games and don't usually go to the gym. I still try to stick to my calorie goal, but don't really worry if I can't. It's almost impossible to change your diet and lifestyle that drastically and not have temptations or resort to food you shouldn't eat. If you have a cheat day once every week or two it'll prevent you from falling off the wagon completely. Dont beat yourself up for it, just make up for it next time you're at the gym ;). Just my opinion...
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Was only one day, now if it was every day :(
    Takes 3500 calories to make a pound. If you gain a bit it's a lot more likely sodium or sugar bumping you out of line with your body. This too shall pass, lol.
  • ajevans2674
    ajevans2674 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Agreed! Having a cheat day that isn't too horrible, is probably not going to make much difference in the long run. It's days of that each week that cause weight gain. I also struggle with this issue of knowing when to cheat and how much - without feeling deprived. I try to schedule them and eat a little lighter the day before. Also, I usually add maybe 30 more minutes of gym time. It's amazing how a little bit of extra gym time can fix a lot of caloric damage, especially if you do high-intensity workouts, like interval training. No worries!
  • kvreeken
    kvreeken Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Felt I needed to confess to a massive fall off the wagon today. Copious amounts of chocolate and a McDonald's among other bits of rubbish. A total binge which I didn't log as it would be too depressing. First major blip of 25 days of logging and 18 gym sessions so trying not to beat myself up too much. In a bad way I actually enjoyed it, got it out of my system and am ready to focus again tomorrow. Plus booked in Zumba and gym for the weekend to try and balance. Weigh in on Monday will prob be very depressing but hey ho..... Must keep going!!! It's only one day......I hope!!

When I go "off the wagon" it helps me to log every bite. 1) because it shocks you into reality, and 2) you can see why it will effect your overall weight change for the week. I usually don't focus so much on every single damn day, I look at the week to make sure I reach my calorie goal. On vacation one day I ate 5,300 calories. Poo that takes effort!
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    got it out of my system and am ready to focus again tomorrow.
    Is the important bit. Its a long term lifestyle change so you'll have these days now and again. Don't beat yourself up about it, the odd 'bad' day has been argued to actually help too. :smile:
  • lindy1608
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words it helps keep me focused! Ready to be very good all weekend and hope for the best come Monday. I WILL not get back into bad habits! I am just starting to feel more comfortable with myself again!! Will power WILL be restored and I will dance like a maniac on sat morning at Zumba!!!! A bit disappointed in myself but hoping I can prove to myself this can just be a one off