Still carrying baby fat, and he's almost 12!

Options
Hello! I'm a 37-year-old mother who never had a weight problem until having a child. He'll be 12 in May and my weight has yo-yo'ed since the day he was born. I normally stay between 180-190, but about 4 months ago I got on the scale and almost died... 195 lbs!! Yes, I have totally let myself go! I have been able to shave off about 8 lbs since that day, (thank goodness), but I feel I've hit a lull which is why I've joined this site. Now I know that I'm never going to be the pre-pregnancy weight of 130, but I would love to get down to 145-150. Being 5'7", I think that is a good goal. But, juggling 3 jobs (1 full-time, 2 part-time) and a kid, I just can't ever seem to fit in enought time for sleep much less exercise, and of course, I eat 'on-the-go' ALOT. So, what I need is some motivation! I need friends that are going to be on my case daily to be sure that I am doing what I need to do to get myself where I want to be! Please help!! I'll return the favor! Thank you! :happy:

Replies

• nicky3279
    Options
    Hi there, i too am still carrying the baby weight almost 13 years on, and four children later. Add me as a friend if you want hun. And good luck im sure you will succeed.
  • mamadwawa
    Options
    I just joined today. I also have more weight than I did pre-baby. She will be 13 this month.

I am struck by your post. We are starting at about the same weight and looking to end at the same weight. I will cheer you if you cheer me! :o)
  • jennkess
    Options
    I hear what you are saying being a working Mother.. you really have no such thing as down time. I've found if i try to dive full boar into a diet program it works, however once I stop the weight come back on plus some.

make small cuts- eliminate Soda's ( they are horrible for you and wreak havoc on your metabolism)
    If you drink fancy coffee's cut them out too. if you can't live at first without caffeine try coffee with splenda or stevia
    use a smaller plate and eat slower.
    make sure you eat something for breakfast and lunch- if all you have is a bar or shake you will overeat once dinner time comes.

do a change.... keep at it for at least 2 weeks. Once it's no longer difficult (you no longer think all day about what you are missing) make the next change. the weight will come off slower, however you will recondition your habits and start a program you will stick to for good.

Good Luck and keep us posted:smile:
  • mom2bryson
    Options
    Jennkess,

Thank you for the tips!

- - M
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    That's just fat, baby.
  • Anolte76
    Anolte76 Posts: 105
    Options
    I've always asked if it's still called baby weight when your baby gets to college. Mine is two now and losing weight use to be so much easier before he was born.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    That's just fat, baby.

Girl, no he didn't! Lol.
  • lydia9679
    Options
    Mine will be four this month, and I've been yo-yoing the same 30 pounds since he was born. This time, it is going to stick. I have a lofty goal of getting down to the high end of what I weighed in high school, and I have a lot of motivation this time, so the time is now. Good luck! :)
  • mom2bryson
    Options
    I know, right? I know it's fat, that's why I'm here, duh! :-)
  • Janiot
    Janiot Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    My son will be 21 in 10 days and I joined this site on Monday - I know how you feel!
  • pea2pod
    Options
    Definitely cut out the sodas ... that helped me a lot. I also cut out most all breads and have really limited my sugar intake. Only water or unsweetened ice tea are what I'm drinking. I work full-time and have 3 children of my own along with 3 step-children. Even though it's hard to find time, sometimes you can squeak in a little exercise, even if it's taking the stairs instead of the elevator or parking a little farther away from your work place. I have even resorted to just running up and down the stairs in my house if I couldn't get outside or away from the house/kids. Definitely watch your portions and user smaller plates. I eat on the go a lot, too, and looked up an article of the top 10 healthiest restaurants which gave me ideas of what to choose from places like McDonald's, Taco Bell, Panera, and places like that. I find it really helpful to look up all the nutritional information for someplace before I go there and definitely before I eat. Log ALL of your bites, licks and tastes as soon as possible so you always know how many more you have left in your day to take in. Good luck !! By the way, I started on January 1st at a weight of 133 pounds (I'm 5'2") and have lost 10 pounds in this last month. You can do it!!
  • traceracer
    traceracer Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    You mean to tell me that there is no cut off time for calling it baby fat?? I have to let my mom know this.....
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    That's just fat, baby.

^^^this^^^

I've been there. Only so long you can still call it baby fat. After my two kids, now 7 and 3, I was just fat.
  • emmyash
    emmyash Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    gday!..joined not long ago myself...support is amazing on MFP...good luck..anyone feel free to add me:smile:
  • Ryder9902
    Ryder9902 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have the same exact problem, 3 boys and just got bigger after each one. Feel free to add me for support.
  • Athenaviolet
    Options
    My baby is 5, so certainly I understand. Ignore that guy's totally rude comment. Men just don't understand that they will be our baby no matter the age and they are the reason for our weight. That is no matter how long ago it was. Add me!!!
  • Jojo2k11
    Options
    That's just fat, baby.

Girl, no he didn't! Lol.

Total ignore hahahaha
  • Ryder9902
    Ryder9902 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Have to agree there. A man has no idea what we ladies go through when our bodies change during and after having a baby.
  • Markeisha55
    Markeisha55 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That guy is raggedy!! Other than Mr. Rude, the support on here is great!! Happy Losing:)
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    My mom likes to say that "you just had a baby".... I only gained 15 pounds with my first and I was about 140ish when I got pregnant with him... I gained ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the extra after. I lost weight with my second while pregnant and then gained some. :( My metabolism sucks for some reason. But, my weight is certainly not baby weight... but I think its gains weird, like the floppy belly thing because of pregnancy.