Question for the Ladies

Options

Replies

• rebelontherun
    rebelontherun Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I take birth control continuously so I don't get a period, but I still get really bad cramps, so sticking to my diet when I have cramps is really hard. I'm a chocolate fiend!
  • Canadien
    Canadien Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Exercising actually makes me feel AMAZING when I'm on my period. My greatest workouts ever have happened during that supposed-to-be-horrible week! :D
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I find that I THINK I don't want to workout, but I almost always feel better for doing it anyway.

yup...same here
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Do any of you have problems sticking with your diet and excercise during your period?

No.

Exercise and orgasms have been shown time and again to relieve monthly discomforts.

True story.

DING! DING! DING!

and I have no problem sticking to my diet either. That's a whole week I'd lose toward my goals. I won't be stopped by something I've been dealing with for YEARS.
  • ally0512
    Options
    i dont get cramps, and i play volleyball and workout like any other day :)
  • Gioooo
    Gioooo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Take a couple of advils, stay away from caffeinated bevarages and really push yourself to workout. Being active and working out actually reduces cramps and all the ****ty symptoms us girls get during that time. I used to get such bad cramps/tiredness and all that terrible stuff to the point where I literally had to stay in bed the whole day ...but after I changed my diet and started eating super healthy and eliminated a bunch of things I felt so much better. Even the times that I felt like **** I still forced my self to go to the gym and it did wonders. I havent had cramps, bloating or tiredness during my period since June! :)
  • fitaliciag
    Options
    My problem is food the first few days before it comes.....the cramps are only bad for a day, then I resume, and find that it actually helps me.
  • Ashley121205
    Ashley121205 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I used to but since I've changed the way I'm living I just push through it. It's TOTM for me and I've been doing Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 all week. Food on the other hand I get cravings. I just work them into my day. I don't go to the extreme that I used to.
  • capturingsmiles
    Options
    I have endo and it causes pain and nausea, sometimes, but I have found working out hard (so far) as actually made things much better. Less pain and also only lasted 2.5 days!
  • Sydney0710
    Sydney0710 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do.
    And yeah, orgasms and exercise help, but then I crave foods immediately afterwards. I think most women are aware that these two things help.
  • netztoy
    netztoy Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Exercising helps with the cramps...a little. My appetite is almost non existent during the first couple days. My issue is the pms days...gotta have that sugar and salt combo:sad:
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Do any of you have problems sticking with your diet and excercise during your period?

No.

Exercise and orgasms have been shown time and again to relieve monthly discomforts.

True story.

DING! DING! DING!

and I have no problem sticking to my diet either. That's a whole week I'd lose toward my goals. I won't be stopped by something I've been dealing with for YEARS.

I agree. If you are in active during your period, it is a really miserable experience. I don't let my period stop me. Tell yourself you have to do it. Don't play the period card...
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I'm able to stick the the diet pretty well, but I *can't* exercise. In fact I was doing the 30 day shred, got halfway through it, got my period... and haven't done it since then. When I got my period I had to stop because of cramps and then once those few days were over I couldn't find the motivation to start back up again :(
  • trina433
    Options
    omg i know that feeling!! i have to really really push myself to exercise but i have noticed since i am drinking more water my cramps arent bad and my periods are lighter. but i crave sweets like crazy still. lol
  • BettyyRoss
    BettyyRoss Posts: 100 Member
    Options

No.

True story.

I love this.
  • itsablondething
    itsablondething Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    It depends.. I have months with cramps so severe I can't straighten my legs out of a fetal position, so no, I am not going to exercise at th at point in time...other times, if they are minimal it doesn't seem to aggravate it.
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Just a few more and I'll have bingo.
  • EPICUREASIAN
    EPICUREASIAN Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Suppressed mine so I wouldn't have an excuse for being b----y, sneaking in sugary/salty/savory snacks, and not exercising.
  • Fineraziel
    Options

No.

True story.

DING! DING! DING!

I agree. If you are in active during your period, it is a really miserable experience. I don't let my period stop me. Tell yourself you have to do it. Don't play the period card...

I must agree too...
  • rfechter
    rfechter Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I don't usually have problems with exercise I do that in spite of everything. My problem is cravings. About two days before I start and throughout the entire time its all about sweets especially chocolate. I gave in to the hot fudge sundae yesterday.