pregnancy weight

Options
I'm just curious how much weight you ladies have gained during pregnancy and how long it took to lose.
1st pregnancy- I gained 35 pounds...it took almost 2 years to lose
2nd pregnancy- I gained 40 pounds and lost it in a year
3rd pregnancy- I'm currently 18 weeks and have gained 18 pounds....scary I know!

Replies

• xonicolette
    xonicolette Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    This is my first child and I gained about 50 lbs during pregnancy. I was 135 when I found out I was pregnant and I was 187 the day I delivered. I am currently 13 weeks post partum and have lost about 30 lbs so far. I am 154 now.
  • lwoods34
    lwoods34 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I only have 1 child who is 16 months now (he was born at the end of September 2010)and I gained 36 lbs and worked out every day while I was pregnant up until the day I went into the hospital. I was 171 when I gave birth

1 week post partum I lost 22 lbs (alot of it was water weight)
    I was back to my pre pregnancy weight of 134 by the beginning of February 2011 and lost another 6 pounds after that.
  • nussbaums
    nussbaums Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I hav 3 boys. My first pregnancy was 8 yrs ago, i gained about 75lbs n lost it in 2yrs. I also hav an 18 month old which i gained 35lbs wit and lost 25lbs in the first 2 mons postpartum but thn found out i was pregnant wit another boy whom i gained 27lbs wit...its so much harder bcuz i had the two babies so close so im stil tryin to lose weight frm havin both of them!!!
  • monikahfisher
    Options
    I had my first and only child 2 years ago. I was 135 pre-pregnancy and 180 in the delivery room. So I gained 45lbs. After I cave birth to her I dropped to about 170 in less than a month. However I am here today because I have been gaining weight so fast now. I was 201 when I joined here to try and lose weight. Before I got pregnant I couldn't gain weight for anything then I just started packing on the lbs
  • yalisa0424
    yalisa0424 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I am also 18 weeks and am up 16 lbs (last checked).
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Pre-pregnancy loss = 23 lbs
    Pre-pregnancy goal = 50 lbs

Gained 33 lbs during pregnancy (some was the baby & fluids)
    Lost = 13 lbs in 5 months
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    My daughter, who is my only child, just turned one on January 7. I gained 28 pounds during the pregnancy (was 112 when I started). By May/June 2011, I was several pounds under pre-preg weight. I will admit though, that my body changed a little (although I don't think anyone noticed but me) and really I needed to lose those extra few pounds in order to feel comfortable in all my pre-pregnancy clothes. I'm only 5' 2" so every little bit shows on me.