Helloooo

Options
Hi everyone!
Ive just had a quick browse around and seen that this site really can work for people.
Hopefully it works for me!! If anyone has any exercise tips for me that would be greatly appreciated. :happy:

I find it difficult finding clothes, or confidence in myself due to my weight gain which occured
during sitting my exams. I basically managed to comfort eat my way to a curvy 12/14/16 depending on what shop im in. I'd like to achieve being able to fit into one size instead of feeling like every shopping trip is a treasure hunt to find something that fits me!! I also really want to tone up the usual thighs bum and tum. so if anyone has any advice for me, for helpful tips i would appreciate them greatly! :D

Replies

• BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    Ive just had a quick browse around and seen that this site really can work for people.
    Hopefully it works for me!! If anyone has any exercise tips for me that would be greatly appreciated. :happy:

I find it difficult finding clothes, or confidence in myself due to my weight gain which occured
    during sitting my exams. I basically managed to comfort eat my way to a curvy 12/14/16 depending on what shop im in. I'd like to achieve being able to fit into one size instead of feeling like every shopping trip is a treasure hunt to find something that fits me!! I also really want to tone up the usual thighs bum and tum. so if anyone has any advice for me, for helpful tips i would appreciate them greatly! :D

Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "all topics", then "general", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
    As for exercise, it doesn't always have to be awful. For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria")
    It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored!
    I also recently aquired the Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too!
    So, to make a LONG story short, make good food choices, eat in moderation, get some exercise, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
  • ktala24
    ktala24 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello BrenNew, I'm new as well what a nice post. How long did it take you to lose 43 lbs. That's great and congratulations. I'm looking to lose 60. Ya know I know I'm not supposed to weigh my self everyday (one a week) but yesterday was my first day, so I figured I'd move down at least .5 lbs. Nope, I gained .2, it can be so drepressing. I need the motivation to keep me going. Thanks for your encouraging words.
  • glandis
    glandis Posts: 89
    Options
    HI, I would suggest trying a Zumba workout in your town. It is so fun and you will get a great workout. It is a nice change from the ususal fitness class. Good Luck with your weight loss!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the best website ever. You will love it here, I do. This site is so helpful, supportive, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hello BrenNew, I'm new as well what a nice post. How long did it take you to lose 43 lbs. That's great and congratulations. I'm looking to lose 60. Ya know I know I'm not supposed to weigh my self everyday (one a week) but yesterday was my first day, so I figured I'd move down at least .5 lbs. Nope, I gained .2, it can be so drepressing. I need the motivation to keep me going. Thanks for your encouraging words.

Hi Ktala, and welcome to you too! It took me about 8 months to lose the weight. For the last 5 months, I've just been juggling the same 5 or so pounds, both ways! I'll lose a few, find a few, etc. :laugh: I think my body is telling me to just quit trying to lose, but, the way I love food, I want to lose alittle more, just so that I have some leeway! :laugh:
    I HATE weigh in days, which in my case, is tomorrow. NO WAY would I EVER weigh in every day, like sooooo many of them do on MFP! :noway: Once a week is MORE than enough for me! :laugh:
    Try really hard NOT to weigh in any more than once a week, especially since it's depressing you already, and you've JUST started!
    By reading lots of the threads, and checking out some of the bigger losers profile pics, you SHOULD get some motivation!
    Good luck to you, but, really, with MFP's food diary, and all the wonderfully supportive members, it's not really luck at all. It's just being really honest with everything that goes in your mouth, and "working with your numbers". :smile: