New Here... Looking for Support

Options
Hi All,
I am a 34 year old mother of two, and have been carrying around 20 extra lbs for 15 or so years now. I just have my second child 8 months ago, and between caring for two kids under three and being a small business owner, I have managed to loose about 13 of those pounds, just through lack of time to snack, nursing and being incredibly busy. I would really like to concentrate on loosing 10 more lbs. and am looking for support to make wise food choices and find time to work out. I have very limited free time and when I do, it is very easy to work on my business or do laundry, etc. Any one else been where I have been and could share insight to their success?

Replies

• punky34
    punky34 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi All,
    I am a 34 year old mother of two, and have been carrying around 20 extra lbs for 15 or so years now. I just have my second child 8 months ago, and between caring for two kids under three and being a small business owner, I have managed to loose about 13 of those pounds, just through lack of time to snack, nursing and being incredibly busy. I would really like to concentrate on loosing 10 more lbs. and am looking for support to make wise food choices and find time to work out. I have very limited free time and when I do, it is very easy to work on my business or do laundry, etc. Any one else been where I have been and could share insight to their success?
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Hi Punky,

I'm new here too, but I've found everyone to be very nice/helpful on this site. I've been dieting since November and am down 45 pounds. 8 more to go!!:drinker:

Lots of good recipes and exercise ideas can be found here. Good luck on those pesky 10 pounds! :flowerforyou:

Shannon
  • hmrsimpsonzealot
    Options
    I don't have kids or anything, but between working a desk job full time and going to school full time, I gained a lot of weight back that I had lost. So now I am trying to take it off, just a little at a time. I find it easier to set small goals, instead of tackling a huge one. That helped me lose ten lbs in two weeks! I find that if I get up in the morning, I have an easier time going to work out, because I am not awake enough to convince myself not to. :bigsmile:

Good luck, and we are all here if you need anything! :flowerforyou:
  • punky34
    punky34 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks guys,
    I admire everyone's determination. I hope that rubs off on me!
  • ColtsFan1912
    ColtsFan1912 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    welcome!! i have a 4 month old so i understand a bit . its hard to work out i find
    good luck. the support here is great
  • braydoherty
    Options
    hi punky!

I don't have children, but my schedule is very similar. I start my day at 5:30 am and get home around 10PM. I am armed with my mini cooler everyday with all my meals packed in it. I do my food shopping and meal prep for the week on Sundays and grab and go from the fridge to pack my cooler.

Stick with lean proteins (chicken breast, turkey breast, lean cuts of beef) , lots of fruits and veggies, fish, and whole grains and don't forget your vitamins!

Mix grilled chicken with a salad and a yam, Veggies and brown rice with a turkey burger, tuna salad on low calorie toast with a small piece of fruit.

It's easy to make your meals once you get in the groove.

Good Luck to you :smile:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Welcome punky! :flowerforyou: