venting and support.

Options
2»

Replies

• bgillis7
    bgillis7 Posts: 124
    Options
    bgillis7 starting level 3 of the 30DS, and im the SAME every thing! same weight! same pants! i havnt changed any thing! it makes me mad! and ive been working my freaking @$$ off!!! iv been the same since November! all i want to do is give up go sit down and eat anything and every thing i want!!
    im about done!
    i love 13 lbs between October and November (with no exercise) and haven't lost one since (with exercise) ....
    i just want to scream!
    i know its not supose to be easy! but gosh come on i need a little encouragement from the scale sometimes!

I looked at your food diary. My suggestion would definitely be to up your calories. Not sure what you have your settings on, but if you are at lose 1 lb/week then maybe switch to .5 lb/week or maintenance. With the amount you are working out and as long as you maintain a caloric deficit, you will not gain.

when i put it on 1/2 lb i tell me to eat more??1,570. insted of 1,200. im scared to eat 1,200. i cant eat more!!! when i work out for barly an hour a day!
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    i make best food choices with what i have.
    im a full time college student that lives at home. i get a very small say in what gets bought. and who am i to complane when im not paying.
    so i do the best i can to pick the best with what she gets.

Could you ask for skim milk, fresh fruit, and whole wheat bread? Best of luck to you on your journey.

I do not recommend skim milk. The fat is replaced with sugar. Not something you really want. Go with 1% or 2%.
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    bgillis7 starting level 3 of the 30DS, and im the SAME every thing! same weight! same pants! i havnt changed any thing! it makes me mad! and ive been working my freaking @$$ off!!! iv been the same since November! all i want to do is give up go sit down and eat anything and every thing i want!!
    im about done!
    i love 13 lbs between October and November (with no exercise) and haven't lost one since (with exercise) ....
    i just want to scream!
    i know its not supose to be easy! but gosh come on i need a little encouragement from the scale sometimes!

I looked at your food diary. My suggestion would definitely be to up your calories. Not sure what you have your settings on, but if you are at lose 1 lb/week then maybe switch to .5 lb/week or maintenance. With the amount you are working out and as long as you maintain a caloric deficit, you will not gain.

when i put it on 1/2 lb i tell me to eat more??1,570. insted of 1,200. im scared to eat 1,200. i cant eat more!!! when i work out for barly an hour a day!

I was stuck at a plateau since Christmas. I switched my settings to maintenance which upped my daily intake by 500. I've lost 2 lbs since the switch which was 1 1/2 weeks ago. Don't be afraid to eat. Weight loss comes from a caloric deficit. Also, make sure your carbs/fats/proteins are in line. Might even increase proteins.
  • bgillis7
    Options
    WHAT SHOULD I DO ABOUT THIS??

im about done!
    i just want to scream!

• bgillis7
    Options
    im about done!
    i just want to scream!

I was stuck at a plateau since Christmas. I switched my settings to maintenance which upped my daily intake by 500. I've lost 2 lbs since the switch which was 1 1/2 weeks ago. Don't be afraid to eat. Weight loss comes from a caloric deficit. Also, make sure your carbs/fats/proteins are in line. Might even increase proteins.

i always eat a lot of proteins.
    and every thing eles seems okay.
    i just dont know. its alot of food for sitting on my but half the day
  • alisahaggard
    Options
    From what I can see, you're not eating 1200 calories per day after accounting for exercise. The bare minimum you should be eating is 1200 AFTER your exercise calories. Some days, your net calories are in the 800-1000 range, unless I'm reading wrong. I was in the same boat - lost 6 lbs in 2 weeks then started upping my exercise and stalled. I increased my calories and it started coming off consistantly. You don't need to change your calorie goals, just need to be eating your calories earned.
  • bgillis7
    Options
    im scared to eat..
  • bgillis7
    Options
    thanks every one!!!
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem.

I use to eat 1200 calories wether I worked out or not. I gained 3 lbs for 2 weeks then did some experimenting.

I upped my calories from 1200 to 1250 and started eating back atleast 1/2 of my workout calories if not more.

On days I work out I eat anywhere from 1550-1800 calories but I am loosing again.
  • mbar12
    mbar12 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have always lost weight better if I restricted my carbohydrates - now I know why... thanks so much for sharing this link, its awesome!
    Two things I want to throw out your way:

1 - Gaining weight is not necessarily "going backwards" - take a look at this girl who gained, but lost the fat:

http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

and 2 - ever done any research on what causes us to gain weight? If you're interested, here's a very informative video from a Medical doctor in Kansas and what she found to be true about it. She's a bariatric Doctor - one who specializes in Bariatric surgery (weight-loss surgery), which includes a variety of procedures performed on people who are obese. It was eye-opening for me... here's the link, if you have time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3M75cYpx2w&feature=bf_prev&list=ULYTwqb3Tj7pg&lf=mfu_in_order

Hope that helps! :flowerforyou:
  • Thulpa
    Thulpa Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Instead of thinking backwards think starting again. I would take some before pictures, take some measurements, grab a heart rate monitor and start 30DS over again. If you want to see the results, you need to "see" them in numbers, pictures and goals achieved.

You also need to eat. I would recommend eating back the full amount of calories you burn not half. If you are going to be athletic, you need to eat like one. You body may be in starvation mode and keeping every calorie that you are putting in you.