Has anyone had been successful with HCG?

Options
I don't know if I can ask this here or not:)

I was just wondering if anyone has had any success with using this method to shed weight?

My aunt has lost 20 pounds with it and she is just so excited about it. I have been reluctant to try b/c I am concerned about long term side affects. However, the testimony's i hear and read are amazing!!!!

I currently am staying within my calorie range and working out and the weight is not coming off..I am super frustrated!!

I don't eat sugar or grains etc.

Thanks for any tips or stories you can share:)

Blessings,
Shannon

Replies

• lilqtwbotkam3
    lilqtwbotkam3 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I can ask this here or not:)

I was just wondering if anyone has had any success with using this method to shed weight?

My aunt has lost 20 pounds with it and she is just so excited about it. I have been reluctant to try b/c I am concerned about long term side affects. However, the testimony's i hear and read are amazing!!!!

I currently am staying within my calorie range and working out and the weight is not coming off..I am super frustrated!!

I don't eat sugar or grains etc.

Thanks for any tips or stories you can share:)

Blessings,
    Shannon

I had a huge success with it about a year and a half ago. My co-worker told me about it and it sparked my interest she gave me this info and I decided to try it. At my heaviest I was 180lbs all on a 5'1 frame so I did the 24 or 25 protocol and on my final weigh in I was 155 before maintence. So I lost 25lbs in about 25 days. It changed my life. I am now at 158 and trying to get down to 135 I am not doing HCG agian because the will power to only eat 500 calories a day has to be very strong and diligent, it is not easy but well worth it if your willing to stick with it. I wouldn't suggest it as a "forever" weight loss tool but if you need a jumpstart I would! Good Luck to you if you do decided to try it!

287109.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    The diet, excersize program*, and lifestyle must be balanced. This would be extremely difficult, if not impossible, on a 500 cal per day diet. I doubt many would be happy/healthy/able on such a massive calorie restriction. That, and hcg has been proven a false hope time and time again.

*I consider rest and recovery times a part of the excersize plan.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    If you use the search function you will find that this topic usually does not go over well and typically ends up being locked by a mod.
  • rachael510
    Options
    HCG hmmm interesting. Did you read the details in fine small print? It requires you to for maximum results reduce your calorie intake to 400 calories. Have you been prego before? This HCG is a chemical your body produces to aid in the further break down of food for the baby to eat or obsorb through your blood stream. I am not sure about anyone else but I did not lose weight being prego....
    So does this diet work of cource it does you are eating 400 calories a day. You would lose the weight without spending the money on the drug.
    I know 15 people who ran out and bought various HCG bottles for weight loss last year and none of them lost weight well they did not read the fine print reduce calorie intake to 400 or less. Many many of these diets require you to reduce calories, and add extensive exercise inorder to achieve results. HCG is no different.. But if you want to spend the money give it a try some things work on some people and some things don't. But let me share this I started a 900 or less calorie diet 15 days ago I have lost 2.5 inches from my waist 2.5 inches from my hips and .5 inches from my neck. I dont have a scale but I nknow I lost a bit at least 10 lbs in 15 days, spending no money one pills or diet programs.
  • shano25
    shano25 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    My sister in law has done this many times through a doctor. Every time she loses an amazing amount of weight. Then she goes off of it and gains it back almost right away.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Eating 500 calories a day you will lose weight. It's what I call the "Self-imposed Third World Eating" diet and the pregnant lady pee does nothing but make you believe there is some science behind it.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I asked God. He said no.
  • rachael510
    Options
    That is funny prego lady pee..LOL ...This is not a good thing to spend money on since you will lose the weight regardless when you cut your calories back by so far. It is a waist of money......
  • rachael510
    Options
    I asked God. He said no.

Not cool man not cool at all!!!!!!!!
  • shannon4health
    Options
    LOL

I LOVE YOUR REPLIES:) ha ha LOL what you all posted is the exact gut reaction that I have to this diet...Thanks for the encouragement for me to keep plugging away at the healthy approach I am working on with my weight loss goals. I know it took me the past 6 or so years to keep packing on the weight and I know i have to "kick my rear into GEAR" to get it off!!!

My concern when my aunt was telling me about it was that she said she had to eat like a pig the first day and then for the next 21 days she couldn't work out.....I am just learning what works for me in working out so i am no expert but I will tell you that I love the way I feel after a great work out/run/dance time or hike and the thought of not doing any exercise for 3 weeks sounded a bit iffy to me. Also my best friend is a massage therapist and she has a patient that is doing HCG and the lady looks great in the face but when my friend do her massage she said that the lady is so flabby and "loose" from losing weight without toning and she just doesn't know how this can be healthy in long run. Also I read about down the road womens hair falling out as an after affect and that makes sense b/c I have 5 children and let me tell you my hair does fall out as a result to the hormone change "naturally" and I hate that feeling when it just comes right out in your hand!

Anyways, Thanks again:) I wasn't asking this question to start a debate or anything, I am just STUCK and my scale won't budge and I am feeling discouraged and so I went and googled HCG again and was reading all the amazing testimonies and I was starting to cave!!

I will be at the Gym at 5:30am tomorrow morning WORKING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):):)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I've had 7 relatives participate and none of them were successes long term. They all got really excited in the beginning and talked everyone they knew into doing it, and now over a year later, bad things have happened as a result. Feel free to pm me if you want all the details, but it sounds like you're going the right direction anyway. :)
  • carlzfitness
    Options
    imo, anyone will lose weight if they starve themselves on 500 cals per day with or without proclaimed magic hormone drops.

When I searched the hgc meal plans this picture came up ..... Low-food-300x225.png

I actually found that hilarious :P
  • Thatsdatdiva601
    Thatsdatdiva601 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Yes I lost about 30 in 1month on this diet...THEN..turned around and gaine about 50lbs back in return...I do not suggest it for anyone! It simply short, very short term weight loss! I wish I could get my 90$ back! Gained the 50lbs within 4 weeks!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Eating 500 calories a day you will lose weight. It's what I call the "Self-imposed Third World Eating" diet and the pregnant lady pee does nothing but make you believe there is some science behind it.
    ^^^^^^
    THIS

It's pure chuckle-head.
    Just fast for 40 days or try limb amputation.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that our users follow the calorie guidelines automatically assigned by our site, unless they are under the direct supervision of a doctor. We are currently reviewing the medical literature on the HCG/500 calorie diet and reserve the right to moderate against discussions of this diet at any time in the future.

For the time being, HCG discussions remain an option for members in private Groups. Please remember that even in Groups, all site wide rules must be correctly moderated, or the Group runs the risk of deletion. Specifically, endorsement of purchasing prescription supplements or medications without a prescription is in violation of the MyFitnessPal posting guidelines, which can be reviewed here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Thank you all for your concern. We're definitely looking closely at this issue.
This discussion has been closed.