Looking for motivating partners

Options
Hi guys, I'm fairly new to myfitnesspal, I've started on 01/09/12 and so far I've lost 18 pounds.
I'm working out 6X a week and counting calories. I fell good with the changes I've made, but
Some days I just want to go back to my old habits, it fells like my body is mad at me LOL.
Looking for some friends to talk to and to motivate each other. I'll Be 36 years old
Next Sunday, and I'm a proud dad of a beautiful 7 year old little girl that is my biggest motivator in every way.
Thank you guys... Looking forward to hear from you....
Ricardo

Replies

• razindawn
    Options
    Hey Ricardo!
    I know what you mean about going back to your old ways. I have a struggle every single day to make sure I eat healthy. Especially since my husband doesnt eat very healthy. I have a hard time balancing his meals with mine. Its hard cooking to seperate meals! Ive found that reminding myself how tired I am of being overweight helps. When I just cant take anymore, I will look at my wardrobe, hold my pants up and say to myself, "do I really want to be wearing these jeans forever?" I have been depriving my body tremendously trying to lose weight and have just realized it is taking a toll on me. Keeping with your recommended calorie intake and getting regular excersize is key. Im here for you if you need a friend to listen as im sure you would do for me! Feel free to add me!
  • dmmfox
    dmmfox Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi Ricardo! I use this on my phone as an ap and never knew I could see message boards from the computer! I'm super pumped to see other people on here! I work out like a maniac, but I eat garbage all day. Trying to change that last part!
  • a_acosta80
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Congrats on your 18lbs lost!!
    I understand about some day wanting to go back to old habits! I'm here to help motivate in any way I can!!!
  • jenng38
    jenng38 Posts: 105
    Options
    Hi! I will be one of your motivators...unless you are only looking for "guy" friends. I know how it is to want to fall back ito the old evil ways, lol. I lost 36 lbs from july to october and then I fell back into the old ways hard!! I am getting back on track now and my goal is to lose 10 pounds in february. Wanna join me in a February challenge? Feel free to friend request me :)
    Jenn
  • GoodbyeFatChick
    GoodbyeFatChick Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi :flowerforyou: welcome to fitness pal! I'm new here but I'm not new to the fitness part I've been training myself to try to eat right and get in shape since the end of October and I can be a friend for sure! I work out 4-5 days a week, and I have a positive out look that if I can do this, then so can you! Feel free to add me!
  • allegedglobalconspiracy
    Options
    Hey Ricardo,

Awesome work man! I think you've got great motivation and an excellent attitude by the sound of it. Having a child definitely must be one hell of a kick in the butt to keep going, and I'm sure you'll do just that. I definitely can relate to the sliding back into bad habits. The suggestions I would offer are consistency, positive attitude, support network, and be training toward something. Whether it's running a 5k, half marathon, an iron man, or even just competing with yourself at the gym. Track it and compete against yourself- it'll keep you motivated for sure. I'm working right now on training for the MS 150 mile bike ride. Lots of cardio and core training, but it's a good cause and great exercise.

There are a lot of awesome people on here, so definitely take advantage of that, and definitely feel free to add me as well.

Keep on doing what you're doing. 2012 is the year of the rock star!

peace...
    rob
  • savdbygrac
    Options
    Ricardo,

You can do it! You really can! We all miss our old ways like comfortable clothes on a lazy Sunday! You're not alone! My undoing is always chocolate in some form. It's everywhere and I seem to have Chocodar and can spot it from a mile away! We are here to support each other, cheer each other on, and pick you up when you step down a notch! So welcome and feel free to friend me! That goes for everyone else that reads this......friend me! I will never have enough!
    -Tanya
  • richandria2
    Options
    Wow, im speechless, I've just posted this a few minutes ago and I already have replays, Thanks everybody, it means a lot to me, is different to talk to someone that understands wat you're going thru. Jenn, i'm looking for any kind of friends, LOL, and thanks for being here for me, and good luck on your journey, I'm here for you too. i'm adding you guys as friends, can I??? Thanks Razindawn, I'm married too, and i know that our partners are a big part of our journey thanks God my Wife is a big supporter,
    the hardest thing for me is that I know sometimes she does not understand wat I go thru, she tries, but It's kind of frustrating for me and for her, but I believe she wants her that guy she married to come back, back 9 years ago I was 210 pounds and I let my self go and I got to 350 pounds, as of today I'm 311.8 and going. I hope to reach my goal by my 2013 birthday 02/05/13. DMMFOX, Thanks for the reply. Wow, I believe you have a great thing going on for you, you love to work out, I wish i was that pumped LOL,now you just have to get the food part straight , wich is not easy, but you can do it.... And thanks for the reply acosta80. You guys are awesome...
    Ricardo