Bruised/Broke my tailbone

Options
Now I just want to eat pasta and pizza all day. Pth. By the time it heals I'll be starting from square one in the exercise department. All the weeks and weeks of running, 30-day shred, taking the stairs, walking...undone with who knows how long of barely moving.

Replies

• raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I know that hurts, I bruised mine tubing in white water. It took forever to heal. Hope you heal soon.:flowerforyou:
  • Vsez
    Vsez Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Oh no! Wishing you a speedy recovery!
  • kkeys
    kkeys Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks - From what I hear, it does take a long time to heal. It's already been a week and it hurts to walk, sit, lie down, stand...it could be worse definitely, but it's still a bummer. :grumble:
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Ouch...bless your heart...I did that years ago....took a long time to heal.....I know what you mean about starting from scratch....I hurt my heel and haven't been able to exercise...but you know what? I've been plateaued since October and the second week of no exercuse, I lost 2.1 lbs!!!! Go figure!!!??? So, maybe your body needs some time for healing and the break will be good. Just think positive since you can't do anything about it. Maybe you could just do some dumbell lifting with your arms to get some exrecise???
    Good luck!!
  • sweetiebelle
    sweetiebelle Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I no how you feel, I did that a few year ago. Not once but 3 times. My first fall I bruised my tail bone. My second fall was a year later, hit in the same spot and busted it. Its an inch from my spine. Two week later, The third time I landed on my rib to avoid my tail bone, well I cfracked a rib instead. All my falls happened falling down my basement stairway. My husband redone them now. My rib took 6 months to get back to normal and my tail bone, well it still bothers me but ill have to live with that. The first time was bad enough.
    To answer your question the first time I fell it took me the whole year to heal. Also please go to the doctor they can help with the pain. No need to suffer like that.