I accidentally posted this in the wrong forum earlier lol

Options
I burn more calories and I am hungrier (naturallY) BUT,
I CAVE.

I know I need more calories for the more calories I burn.... but I am trying to lose my last 12 lbs pretty quickly. My husband comes home from deployment near the middle-end of March and I'm bumping up my calorie burning activity. Although, anyone have any tips on how I can curb my cravings??

And I love to eat... that's the problem! I've really modified WHAT I've been eating (aside from today) I had a cheeseburger from Sonic LOL! That will NOT help me along. But I'm constantly hungry. . . I burned 530 calories today. ANd I'll probably be increasing it again tomorrow. My goal is to burn 600 calories/5 days/week. Sooooo, if anybody has any pointers, I'm all ears! Thank you!!!

Replies

• PMeola
    PMeola Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Stop eating the fast food and start eating clean. Eat a lean protein and a fibrous carb (green veggies) or simple complex carb (fruit) every meal x 5 meals a day and up the water to a gallon of water a day. If you eat a cheeseburger from Sonic, you probably ate 1000 calories in one meal. Spread out your calories throughout the day, and you won't be hungry all the time. Eat plain oatmeal for breakfast with whey protein and berries, grilled or baked chicken breast, a starchy carb (sweet potato), and salad for lunch and lean protein, and veggie for dinner. Eat every three hours with a protein and a fibrous or simple complex carb, continue your workouts, and you'll lose those 12 pounds in no time and not be starving.
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Stop eating the fast food and start eating clean. Eat a lean protein and a fibrous carb (green veggies) or simple complex carb (fruit) every meal x 5 meals a day and up the water to a gallon of water a day. If you eat a cheeseburger from Sonic, you probably ate 1000 calories in one meal. Spread out your calories throughout the day, and you won't be hungry all the time. Eat plain oatmeal for breakfast with whey protein and berries, grilled or baked chicken breast, a starchy carb (sweet potato), and salad for lunch and lean protein, and veggie for dinner. Eat every three hours with a protein and a fibrous or simple complex carb, continue your workouts, and you'll lose those 12 pounds in no time and not be starving.

Jeez... I might not be hungry, but I'd be miserable. ...but gotta do whatcha gotta do, I guess. :) Good luck!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I have to change things that can be permanent, and I have to do it gradually. First I just focused on hitting my calorie goal. Then I noticed that I was hungry so I started eating more protein and complex carbs. Legumes have been the best as far as keeping me full. It's been a process, but I still don't deprive myself. The problem with losing weigh very quickly by changing everything at once is that people tend to fall off the wagon and gain it back. If I were you I'd stick with real changes you can keep forever without feeling deprived. (Fellow military wife- Navy!)
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options
    Soooooooooooooo, you're pretty much saying you don't eat your exercise calories back? What's your calorie goal before exercise? I bet there's a reason you're so hungry.

Also, go higher protein and fiber. Those keep you satisfied longer.

And don't forget about the good fats...olive oil, avocados, nuts, etc. They're higher in calories but help to make you feel more full.

Really, with only 12 lbs to lose, trying to lose quickly is going to hurt more than help you. Raise your calorie goal so you're losing 1/2 a lb a week, concentrate on strength training, and eat your exercise calories back. Your husband isn't going to notice 12 extra freakin' lbs. He's probably missed you too much to care.
  • kathrynbeach
    Options
    Soooooooooooooo, you're pretty much saying you don't eat your exercise calories back? What's your calorie goal before exercise? I bet there's a reason you're so hungry.

Also, go higher protein and fiber. Those keep you satisfied longer.

And don't forget about the good fats...olive oil, avocados, nuts, etc. They're higher in calories but help to make you feel more full.

Really, with only 12 lbs to lose, trying to lose quickly is going to hurt more than help you. Raise your calorie goal so you're losing 1/2 a lb a week, concentrate on strength training, and eat your exercise calories back. Your husband isn't going to notice 12 extra freakin' lbs. He's probably missed you too much to care.

Thanks for the helpful hints! And actually, I just bought a thing of peanuts today to snack on! I will definitely be getting some avocados! I usually cook with olive oil.

And I bumped up my protein but I think I'm lagging in fiber. I will try to incorporate that more with my protein and see how that does.
    And my calories per day BEFORE exercise is 1438. So, on a normal day, I come in about 200 calories UNDER and that includes the caloric deduction from my exercising. I think I may try to fill up the extra 200 calories with protein/fiber.

Thanks for all the help everyone! And thank you for the tips! OH, and what's a good amount of strength training? I usually do about 15 minutes of arms, back, chest. But I don't do any lower body weights because I do so much when I'm doing cardio (Running, elliptical, stair stepper) I don't want to bulk up cause my legs are so muscular already.