Just Curious.

Options
Hey Everyone :)

So I did some research over the internet about how drinking lemon water daily could be helpful with weight lost. Has anyone ever tried it? And if yes, does it work? Like I said, I'll do all I can and try new things to get fit and start living healthy. Help? :)

Replies

• juganaut
    juganaut Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I've just read the 4 Hour Body and in the book, Tim Ferriss says that if you use citrus juices in drinks and on food, it will reduce the blood glucose response.

I am currently using citrus juice in water and on salads. I'm three days in so I can't say whether there has been a response, but it can't help to start adding lemon juice to your food.
  • Kassieisproud
    Options
    Well i have heard of lemonade fast so im guessing it does promote weight lost
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Horse crap!

What's wrong with watching what you're eating and exercising at little? Why are the majority of people unaccepting of thermodynamics?!
  • Kassieisproud
    Options
    Horse crap!

What's wrong with watching what you're eating and exercising at little? Why are the majority of people unaccepting of thermodynamics?!

Im learning about thermodynamics in physics
  • erneseeter
    Options
    Years ago I was seeing a Naturopath who recommended squeezing fresh lemon into a glass of room temperature water every morning. Apparently the water has to be room temperature otherwise your body won't absorb it. And you have to add the fresh lemon right before you drink it otherwise it will go bitter if you add it the night before. It's a pretty easy habit to get into.
    I did it every day and in addition to following a 1400 cal diet and working out 3 or 4 times a week I lost 21 lbs in 8 weeks. So I guess it worked for me! Unfortunately I now have a thyroid condition and have to take my medication first thing in the morning and I can't have citric acid with it so i can't enjoy the benefits. But I'd highly recommend it for others!
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Years ago I was seeing a Naturopath who recommended squeezing fresh lemon into a glass of room temperature water every morning. Apparently the water has to be room temperature otherwise your body won't absorb it. And you have to add the fresh lemon right before you drink it otherwise it will go bitter if you add it the night before. It's a pretty easy habit to get into.
    I did it every day and in addition to following a 1400 cal diet and working out 3 or 4 times a week I lost 21 lbs in 8 weeks. So I guess it worked for me! Unfortunately I now have a thyroid condition and have to take my medication first thing in the morning and I can't have citric acid with it so i can't enjoy the benefits. But I'd highly recommend it for others!

Sorry hun but the 1400 calorie a day diet and the exercise is what worked.

The lemon in your drink was just flavouring.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options

I studied 12 hours a day during my university degree and without fail had a coffee every morning... coffee made me smart!!!!

Helloooo people, there is a distinct difference between correlation and causality, look it up!
  • erneseeter
    Options
    Easy boys. I'm not an idiot.

Clearly is wasn't the lemon that made me lose the weight. But it certainly didn't hurt. There are DOZENS of little things we can ALL do in addition to counting calories and exercising that won't hurt our journeys and may even help them. If a squeeze of lemon in the morning will kick start your metabolism for the day then why not do it? It's not like it's hard.

All I'm saying is that if you want to add it into your routine then you absolutely should.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Maybe a little harsh on my part, but you see so many of the same topics either promoting or asking for miracle solutions you occasionally get a little abrupt in responses. My apologies.

As an aside, I have lemon in my water quite often, not because of any metabolism boost, but just because I like the taste, especially when it's really hot and I need a break from plain water. :)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    It's not going to do any harm - but as long as you eat a moderate amount and do some exercise, you will lose weight.
    There aren't any magic tricks to losing weight, it's mostly persistence.