28 yr old looking to lose the healthy way!!

Options
Hi everyone!
My name is Kara Maples. I am 27, soon to be 28, and looking to lose 50 lbs without going off track. I would like to show my husband and my kids that I can conquer this, and I can do it all while teaching my kids how to stay healthy. I've been watching what I eat for a full week now, and its just getting easier and easier by the day. My sister-in-law introduced me to MFP, and I am so happy she did. I know I will use this tool every day and it'll be a great help to keeping me on target.

Now....who has some really good recipes I just have to try?? LOL! I'll take all the help I can get!!!

Replies

• Sarah_S
    Options
    Hi Kara! My name is Sarah. I am 31, sson to be 32, and looking to lose about 60 pounds. I too, want to show my kids and hubby that I can do it! I have been eating well and watching my calories for just over 2 weeks.
  • lesha_cole
    Options
    Hey Kara! I'm Alesha. I'm 24 goin on 25 and I'm trying to show my parents that I can do this. As for recipes, try skinnytaste.com. I've done a few recipes from there, including tonight, and they've been amazing so far. You're also more than welcome to add me as a friend if you like. :flowerforyou:
  • mab33
    mab33 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hi Kara, welcome! (I plan to give my daughter the same name - love it!)

I'm similar age - 29 - with a similar amount to lose. This is a great place to get motivated and keep motivated. If you need friends feel free to add me.
  • BananaCat83
    BananaCat83 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    The MayoClinic has a great recipe site (http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/healthy-recipes/RecipeIndex)...I love how you can search by meal, type of diet, etc. Most of the recipes are pretty simple too!
  • Jakobsmom0724
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    My name is Kara Maples. I am 27, soon to be 28, and looking to lose 50 lbs without going off track. I would like to show my husband and my kids that I can conquer this, and I can do it all while teaching my kids how to stay healthy. I've been watching what I eat for a full week now, and its just getting easier and easier by the day. My sister-in-law introduced me to MFP, and I am so happy she did. I know I will use this tool every day and it'll be a great help to keeping me on target.

Now....who has some really good recipes I just have to try?? LOL! I'll take all the help I can get!!!

Hi my name is Lorri. I am 28 with a total of 60 pounds to lose. I used to use sparkpeople.com to track everything plus all the informational stories and blogs but I absolutely love their recipes especially when I need a new taste. I hope this helps. GOOD LUCK!!!