HRM vs the treadmill

Options
Wore my polar FT7 on the treadmill for the first time today and was surprised by the results. I walked for 37 minutes around 3 mph at a slight incline. My HRM says I burned 284 calories and the treadmill said 188! The treadmill is comparable to what MFP says. I am obese though so wonder if the HRM might be more accurate. I recorded the MFP numbers (since I usually eat my calories back I don't want to overestimate) but I wondered what people thought.

HRM STATS:

36:44 minutes
284 cal burned
135 average HR
143 max HR

Replies

• omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT60 and will take the calories burned off of it over any gym equipment or MFP as long as the info is entered correctly in the HRM.... I update my setting weekly to make sure I keep it as accurate as it can be....... Good luck....
  • Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I woud go by your hrm. Seems about right.
  • icumama
    icumama Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I follow my HRM over the machine in the gym. The difference isnt that much of a difference so you should be okay.
  • jennmcpherson
    jennmcpherson Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    HRM for sure!!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Yes my info is correct. I just got it so the weight is only half a pound more then what I am now.

It just seems so high compared to what I thought it should be.
  • agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    The only TRULY accurate measure is CO2. since most of us can't do that we have to make do with estimates. The HRM is supposed to be a pretty good estimate. Anything the treadmill tells you is garbage. they are notoriously inaccurate.