Which number is correct???? Help!

Options
I know mornings are the best time to weigh in, but I workout after work (around 5:30pm) and it's the only place with a good scale. Well YESTERDAY, I weighed in at 225.5 and today it was 224. I ate roughly the same amount of food, drank the same amount of water but today I ate a little closer to the time of the gym, and I weighed at the exact same time too.

SO WHAT DO I BELIEVE!?!?!?

Replies

• emstgm
    emstgm Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I think the reason that morning is the best time to weigh in is that there are fewer variables. Our bodies can fluctuate several pounds during the day. Whenever I weigh myself other than in the morning, my weight is quite variable. I suppose if you want to feel better, use the lower weight. If you want to be motivated to work harder, use the higher. :happy:
  • FlabulessFam
    Options
    I think the reason that morning is the best time to weigh in is that there are fewer variables. Our bodies can fluctuate several pounds during the day. Whenever I weigh myself other than in the morning, my weight is quite variable. I suppose if you want to feel better, use the lower weight. If you want to be motivated to work harder, use the higher. :happy:

I agree - depends on how hard you want to work!! :laugh:
  • pixiesx3
    pixiesx3 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I don't use any number except for Monday morning. ;)

I do check my weight on the same scale at Curves each time I work-out. So Monday through Friday, I get a number but I only count Monday. :)

For what it's worth, I also weigh on my grocery store's scale but I know that it weighs light. I jump on it... no not jump... GET on it... to feel better and chuckle!
  • samantha1953
    samantha1953 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Day to day fluctuations aren't important, losing over time is. I agree with above. If you want fairly accurate info weigh the same time and circumstances. I find when I get up with nothing on. Clothes and water weight varies too much after the morning.
  • vha2
    vha2 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I can weigh myself in the morning and again the same evening and there's a 2-3kg difference.. don't really understand how weight can fluctuate THAT much when I'm more or less sticking to 1200 calories a day.. Best to weigh once a week - agree, monday mornings are probably best
  • Chellethulu
    Options
    I always check myself in the morning, after using the bathroom and before shower, eat, etc.
  • Simitra
    Simitra Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I always go with the lower number.
    If i go down in weight...I'm loosing something.
    However if the scales vary upwards 5 lbs or so there's always water weight to consider. I can vary 5 lbs in less than 24 hr.
    Curious... I weighed every hour on the hour for two days while at home no clothing to consider and the fluctuation was astounding.
    I was told if you want the most accurate reading just after you get up in the morning after the restroom use but before you eat should garner you that.
    Good luck
  • marcenepea
    marcenepea Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I weigh in the mornings. This morning I weighed myself and for some reason weighed again when I got home from work tonight. I was 5 lbs heavier at night. This is farely common for me and then in the am I'm about the same as the morning before. This is way I try not to weigh myself daily because it drives me crazy. LOL Some people really like to weigh in daily however.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I'm sure they are both correct. The difference will be in how much fluid, food, waste etc is in your body.
    Don't stress about it, pick one to record (I'd take the lower one!) and don't check again for a week. The long term picture will give you a much better view than daily changes.