My Stupid Thighs.

Options
Hello. So I have these thighs, they never shrink they just stay the same. I play Basketball during the week everyday. Saturdays are my rest days and Sundays I go to the gym do leg lifts, and swim. I want smaller thighs but no matter what they don't go away. Someone help me?

Replies

• ebonyrose316266
    ebonyrose316266 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Aren't leg lifts gonna make your legs bigger? My thighs are stupid too lol I am doing cardio(dance) and I pray they shrink.
  • ActorGirl1476
    ActorGirl1476 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Thighs are a sticking point for me as well! I am just trying to cardio them to death. lol
  • Centrifugal
    Options
    It isn't possible to target fat loss in certain areas of the body; only muscle growth. Some women store fat in their thighs, others in their glutes, and others all over. It's just the way certain women are built. If you're losing weight overall, you should have some size difference, but if you naturally store more fat in your thighs it may not change quickly, or much. That said, cardio workouts that use the thighs extensively, like bicycling, are some of the best for losing fat, because they work the largest muscles in your entire body.
  • mauigyrl
    mauigyrl Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My thighs looks and feels a lil smaller. I do cardio on my elliptical for an hour or two. It's broken for the moment and waiting for the new piece to arrive. I noticed since doing the stationary bicycle in lieu of my Elliptcal that my inner thighs feel more sore in a very good way.
  • DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat honey! My upper body from waist up seems to be getting smaller but these thighs are still not shrinking! I talked to fitness instructor at my gym she recommended treadmill with high incline 7or8 @ 3mph and elliptical with a resistance @ 7or8 to start or spinning/bike to start but results can take up to 12 weeks!
  • sarad777
    sarad777 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    The more treadmill and elliptical I do, the larger my thighs get! I have gained 1" in total in the past 3 months on them and 1 to 2 lbs of weight. My legs look and feel very strong but I am positive it has caused me to gain weight and get larger just by exercising 1 hour a day. My husband says no way it's fat. He can tell I'm more "built". Causes a problem for my jeans though. I tried on shorts from last summer and the thighs are too small in them. My waist in the same size.

Frustrating!! :-(
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Aren't leg lifts gonna make your legs bigger? My thighs are stupid too lol I am doing cardio(dance) and I pray they shrink.

I'm doing the same thing.. and... my thighs are still HUGGEEEE ... :grumble:

and my stupid *kitten* too.. :explode:
  • mandylooo
    mandylooo Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    It isn't possible to target fat loss in certain areas of the body; only muscle growth. Some women store fat in their thighs, others in their glutes, and others all over. It's just the way certain women are built. If you're losing weight overall, you should have some size difference, but if you naturally store more fat in your thighs it may not change quickly, or much. That said, cardio workouts that use the thighs extensively, like bicycling, are some of the best for losing fat, because they work the largest muscles in your entire body.

Agreed. Get your overall body fat measured and work with that rather than focussing on what you see as an imbalanced distribution.
  • newtattie
    newtattie Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Yes big thighs are a problem with me too and my trainer is aware they are my target - but like many have said you cannot target fat loss so as long as my training encourages fat loss and calorie burn - cardio without muscle build I will eventually win the battle. I lost 4 kgs in 7 weeks but the crucial thing was that 2.6kgs of it was pure fat.
    REALLY important also is that I do daily toning exercises focused on my legs. In the same 7 weeks I lost four inches off my waist but none off my thighs - this was not a disappointment as I had lost at least a dress size on my legs - I had changed their shape through toning, lost cellulite and LOOKED considerably trimmer.

Keep going - it takes years for a woman to build up those fat deposits - don't expect to see changes straight away and don't give up and it will happen.
  • sweetrice12
    sweetrice12 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have thigh issues too. They have shrunk quite a bit in the last month though.. just from cardio, Zumba, and circuit training.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    <
    Thunder Thighs and Saddle Bags.....
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    IMO its prob just how they are made! Make them strong and they will be super sexy!
    This is how my thighs are and i just focus on strength
  • gailashton
    Options
    It I had a choice between a way to be build, i'd take the bigger thighs. I actually decided to stop trying to make my thighs smaller because it was my body type, so I made my shoulders and upper body bigger to look more symmetrical. I have a tiny waist too. I'm now very curvy instead of very tiny on top. Embrace your legs/thighs & just work on toning them. I do a lot of circuit classes to get a good burn/heat on my legs without using any weights. It's what works for me. LOL
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I carry my weight in my hips and thighs too. They are very slowly shrinking, but not by much. It's very frustrating! I just keep pushing - I do cardio 6 days a week at least and have added circuit training DVD's 3 days a week. I'm hoping that adding the circuit training will tone my butt and legs and shrink them more.
  • Shayztar
    Shayztar Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Agreed! My thighs have always been my problem. No matter what weight I am! I have a problem buying jeans cause I have to get a size big enough for my butt/thighs, but they NEVER fit my waist! I'm so cheap, I actually sew the waist of my jeans so they don't fall down. Here's hoping that we lose inches but still keep our hourglass figures ladies!!

14839892.png
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat! My thighs and butt are definitely my problem area! My upper bidy is small and my lower body is big. I can not seem to get any smaller than a size 16! Although, I still have 35 more pounds to lose and my thighs are tons smaller than they were 115 pounds ago! Just gets frustrating to get stuck in a size and not be able to get smaller pants.

I am trying to tone up my thighs with resistance bands but it's only been about 5 weeks since I started so I hope to start seeing some results soon! It's so frustrating!

I know exactly what you mean Shayztar! When I buy pants to fit the thighs, the waist is always way too big!!! I have resorted to drawstring pants, like track pants or khakis with a drawstring when I can find them because I hate bulky belts!!! They are so uncomfortable!
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
  • kcgslp
    kcgslp Posts: 212
    Options
    run... ever see a marathoner with thick thighs?
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Ugh me too! !! Saddlebags big ole thighs & cankles. So frustrating! !!! I wish I could have ankles & nice legs. Trying cardio & toning exercises. Still waiting.