Jumping Jax's

So I have challenged my hubby to do jumping jaxs with me this week. I told him that during every commercial break we will get up and do jumping jaxs. He is down with it. Will keep you updated!!

Wish me luck!:laugh:

Replies

• TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    I do the same thing...but I alternate. Each commercial I do something different...crunches, push-ups, lunges, squats, bicep curls...ect.
  • misty589
    misty589 Posts: 319 Member
    great idea! I might try this.
    right now I do housework on commercial breaks lol maybe Ill alternate between housework and exercise
  • kelligirl
    kelligirl Posts: 210
    Great idea!! Quite often I sit on my exercise mat on the floor and just spend my tv time stretching. I'm not a huge fan of sitting on my a** in front of the tv anyhow, :noway: and this way I can be in the same room as my bf, basically doing the same thing, just MY WAY!! :bigsmile:
  • sincereme
    sincereme Posts: 276
    I do the same thing...but I alternate. Each commercial I do something different...crunches, push-ups, lunges, squats, bicep curls...ect.

I will be alternating as well but I just want to get use to the idea and get him use to the idea:laugh: As soon as we have this under control then I will add crnches, push up, lunges, squats, etc....lol
  • PurdyMommy
    PurdyMommy Posts: 378 Member
    GREAT IDEAS! But I never watch TV. I think I need my dial up internet so I can do exercsies while my page loads! hehe
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    I'd do this, but I don't have a TV :laugh:
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    I'd do this, but I don't have a TV :laugh:

My family wouldn't survive. I have a 5 year old that loves watching animal planet. I only get to watch 2 shows a week though. NCIS and House MD and since it's over for now...I don't have anything to watch.
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    I hate hate hate jumping jacks!!

I dont watch tv either but I think it's a great idea.
  • pinksultana
    pinksultana Posts: 162 Member
    hmmm I may have to challenge my hubby in this too! nothing like a bit of a comp
  • sincereme
    hmmm I may have to challenge my hubby in this too! nothing like a bit of a comp

At first he was like " uhhh I don't know about that...blah blah.." :laugh: So I gave him my sad puppy eyes and said " You say you support me in my weightloss journey but when I ask for help you don't want to help me out. You know I need all the support I can get." Immediately he said " Ok starting monday I will join you....:laugh:
  • nhendri
    nhendri Posts: 236 Member
    My only thought is do we track this as excersize or just do as a fun? I love the idea but because my heart rate is not high for longer then 60 seconds.
  • I wonder if there's a way to find out how many calories you burn while doing Jumping Jacks. I like to do them as a part of my work-out (they seem to work everything), but when I go to log my exercises for the day they're not in there. :grumble:
  • sincereme
    I wonder if there's a way to find out how many calories you burn while doing Jumping Jacks. I like to do them as a part of my work-out (they seem to work everything), but when I go to log my exercises for the day they're not in there. :grumble:

Ok so I calculated this on another site I use and this is what I got:

Calories Burned

Jumping Jacks - vigorous

Minutes Selected: 2

Calories Burned: 27
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    GREAT IDEAS! But I never watch TV. I think I need my dial up internet so I can do exercsies while my page loads! hehe

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    I rarely watch TV. Well now the switch happened and I haven't bought my converter box so I can't watch TV even if I wanted to. lol

I usually watch my shows on hulu... except for BL cuz it takes hulu a freakin week to upload the episode and I can't ever wait that long (especially when everyone talks about it!). So I'll be out buying my coverter right before next season starts :laugh:
  • PurdyMommy
    PurdyMommy Posts: 378 Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    I rarely watch TV. Well now the switch happened and I haven't bought my converter box so I can't watch TV even if I wanted to. lol
    I AM WITH YOU THERE! NO MORE TV SUCKS!