Hello to my new fitness pals

Options
I'm new to the site. I actually created my profile about a month ago and like most things I start I never stick with it. I'm on here because I just recently turned 30 which means I've entered a new phase in my life...new phase means a new me! The only thing is I lack the motivation. I have such great intentions but when it comes time to do anything I find every excuse in the world or put everything before me becoming a fit and healthier me. So I'm here for a little support from my new fitness pals. Any helpful tips are greatly appreciated. I know it will be a one step at a time approach on this weight loss journey...it's just time for me to make my first step

Replies

• Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Welcome Future!

You can and will do this.
    I will take time and patience but worth it in the end.

All the best! :flowerforyou:
  • ledward
    ledward Posts: 15
    Options
    Hey, Future, welcome.

You already made the first, and most important step. You have decided to do something to improve your health and your life. That is actually the most important step, in my opinion.

Second, you found a good calorie counting/food diary/exercise log website (MFP), which means that you are serious about following through with your commitment. Whatever it was that kept you from following through a month ago is in the past now. This is day 1. Now just keep going from here, you can do it!!

189891.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • BABYLILAC
    BABYLILAC Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hey Future

I am new myself and for the past 7 days I have been good hopefully I can continue this.MPF is very good and is keeping me in check.Welcome and you can do it girl.
  • Chuck1223
    Chuck1223 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Welcome Future;
    You can do this. If I can you can.
    Just be honest with yourself.
  • kanu415
    kanu415 Posts: 3
    Options
    I am new to this site as of today..I have always been a small person weighting no more then 115lbs. to 120lbs.but i have a wonderful husband that is a cook and loves to cook for me and i love to everything he makes for me..He is a very good cook,and i am a luckywoman that has a husband that will cook for me,but i have gain so much weight ,it is killing me to walk without getting tired,I have always been a healthy woman.But i really let myself go and now i am taking control of my life as well as my weight and heatlh.:drinker: I am also looking for someone that would like to buddy up with me on the internet..We can check in on each others weights. See how things are going with our workout plans as well as our eaing habits.:heart: we can be friends as well fitness buddy.
  • kanu415
    kanu415 Posts: 3
    Options
    I am new to this site as of today..I have always been a small person weighting no more then 115lbs. to 120lbs.but i have a wonderful husband that is a cook and loves to cook for me and i love to everything he makes for me..He is a very good cook,and i am a luckywoman that has a husband that will cook for me,but i have gain so much weight ,it is killing me to walk without getting tired,I have always been a healthy woman.But i really let myself go and now i am taking control of my life as well as my weight and heatlh.:drinker: I am also looking for someone that would like to buddy up with me on the internet..We can check in on each others weights. See how things are going with our workout plans as well as our eaing habits.:heart: we can be friends as well fitness buddy.
  • truefaith7960
    truefaith7960 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    We are all in it together....My daughter and I are losing weight together, we started last tuesday, we all started at different times but we will all finish together...It will be worth it. God Bless
  • strawberry25shortcake
    strawberry25shortcake Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the site. I actually created my profile about a month ago and like most things I start I never stick with it. I'm on here because I just recently turned 30 which means I've entered a new phase in my life...new phase means a new me! The only thing is I lack the motivation. I have such great intentions but when it comes time to do anything I find every excuse in the world or put everything before me becoming a fit and healthier me. So I'm here for a little support from my new fitness pals. Any helpful tips are greatly appreciated. I know it will be a one step at a time approach on this weight loss journey...it's just time for me to make my first step

Welcome to MyFitnessPal:drinker: You can do this! Try setting small goal first...not just to lose pounds, but to make better food choices and get some exercise into your schedule... Start with a week and then gradually expand your time limit until it becomes a habit and a new lifestyle! We are all here to help you stay motivated. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Again, welcome!
  • lmdavis804
    lmdavis804 Posts: 81
    Options
    hello

welcome to this great site-it and all the people on this site have been a great help to me

you can do it-I wish you well on your journey
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome Future! You found a great site to help you start a new, healthier life. Just use the food and exercise diaries and you can't go wrong. Also remember we all have bad days where we don't exercise or eat the right foods, etc. Just count that up as one bad day but don't let it derail you from the bigger picture...a fitter, healthier you. Just start fresh the next day and keep moving forward.

Good luck on your journey!
  • aporter81
    aporter81 Posts: 1
    Options
    Today is day 1 for me. I'm excited! I want to stick to it this time. My story consists of many attempts, but not being able to stick to it. I'm taking this one day at a time.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the best website ever. You will love it here, I do. This site is so helpful, supportive, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • daywater
    daywater Posts: 20
    Options
    Welcome! I am fairly new as well. I've been using the food logging for quite awhile but just recently started reading some posts and blogs which I find EXTREMELY helpful. By taking the time to read other people's journeys through various stages of it, you get some great advice, tips and courage. I started at 255 lbs...4 years ago and currently weigh 189 lbs. I do not claim to have all the answers and succeed as much as I fail but I'm coming to the realization it's a lifestyle change...not a diet...making conscious efforts every day to pick healthy foods for my body and to just MOVE is now a way of life for me...You can do this! One day, one pound at a time :heart:
  • VishousBabe
    Options
    :smile: Hi and welcome!!! You've come to a perfect place for getting healthy. Just keep track of everything and you will see results. There are lotsa great people willing to give a boost whenever needed! Good Luck!!!
  • muscles007
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I've been seeing this site and my sister recently mentioned she belongs also, so I finally took the plunge and joined. I've really become very active since Mid-March as far as working out is concerned. I started a Biggest Loser Competition @ work. And it has been crazy!! I've lost about 26 lbs since mid-march and today is our final weigh-in. Ugh! I will be glad this when this is totally over, as I look forward to this becoming a "life style" for me. Great to meet you all!!