Am I the only one?

Options
Am I the only 200 something pound woman who's daily calorie intake is 1500 only? I see almost everyone else on my FL who has the awesome opportunity to eat 1800+ cals a day. My dietician set me on my cal goal and I'm not hating it at all. Its just...idk :/

Replies

• deniserenee_02
    deniserenee_02 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm on a 1400 calorie limit.
  • pixardad
    pixardad Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm not a women, but shortly after college, a dietitian put me on 1300/day. MFP says 1800. I didn't understand it either.

--PixarDad
  • ActorGirl1476
    ActorGirl1476 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Am I the only 200 something pound woman who's daily calorie intake is 1500 only? I see almost everyone else on my FL who has the awesome opportunity to eat 1800+ cals a day. My dietician set me on my cal goal and I'm not hating it at all. Its just...idk :/

When I was 200, I ate about 1400-1500 a day.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    im 241 pounds and was set to 1520 by mfp. but i also ate back my calories so i was eating close to 2300 some days.
    thats still about my net, but i have my daily intake set up differently now my goal is 2520 a day to spread my exercise calories throughout the week
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I started out at just over 200, and ate anywhere between 1450 - 1600 to lose weight last year.
    Now I'm maintaining, at around 155, I eat 1800 a day (more when i run)
  • angel_north
    angel_north Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Phoenix, I have mine higher than I want due to I am new and having issues meeting my sugar intake goal. As a norm I hit about 1300 calories daily and that is with a heavy workout daily. Calories are energy for workouts otherwise I am very hazey from the time I get up until I go to bed. I don't workout as hard and feel refreshed after it or for the rest of my day. Go figure huh?
  • Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Okay I must admit I'm getting jealous at the other women on my friends list who eat more than I do and they lose more and I'm like wtf ugh! this weight loss thing is starting to suck hardcore balls I loss 14lbs and I'm happy but I'm getting overwhelmed because I have more to lose :/
  • lisa28115
    lisa28115 Posts: 17,271 Member
    Options
    I am right at 200lbs and my dr set me at 1200 cal per day...I can't hardly do that and exercise:noway:
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Different formulas most likely in use to calculate your BMR. That and your goal will determine the intake. I've tried a few different calculators and for the most part, it really depends on the calculation. You'll get it figured out eventually, and hopefully you'll be able to enjoy some more calories.
  • beautifulme32
    Options
    I started out at 248lbs and my calorie goals are 1290
  • Rtrish
    Options
    I'm 150 pounds and i'm on 1200 p/d.... It actually seems like a lot of food when combined with exercise. I guess the more you exercise the more you can eat.

* It takes the length of a football field to walk off 1 single M&M!!!!
  • Trophyyf
    Trophyyf Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm 1200 but I bummed it up to 1500 because I found that is when I started losing weight??? go figure.
  • Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I'm 1200 but I bummed it up to 1500 because I found that is when I started losing weight??? go figure.

Hmmm Interesting :)
  • Animaniac87
    Options
    It's based on your preferences and active levels at your job. What did you select as your daily activity? Do you have a standing up job, a sitting down job, a waitress? Do you want to lose 1lb a week or lose 2lbs a week or maintain? Everybody has a different lifestyle and different goals, MFP takes that into account and gives you personalized calories.

Me personally I have a job when I walk a lot (8-10 miles per 6hr shift) and I want to lose 2lbs a week. Factor in my current weight (192) and my calories per day are 1380.
  • tobemeagain518
    Options
    I am over 200 and my calorie intake is 1230.
    1796724.png
  • ChelSleeve
    ChelSleeve Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm at 260 and mine is 1500 as well
  • leoma280
    Options
    At 281 and mine is 1600. Been exercising and keeping to my recommended intake for a month and so far 12 pounds off. Not looking forward to plateau (should it happen).
  • Dickersondiva
    Dickersondiva Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm 205 and mine is set at 1280 with a lightly active activity level.
  • brittilew
    Options
    I am a little bit under 200, but my goal is about 1500/day...Much to my surprise...It's really not that bad!!!
  • alegrria72
    Options
    You're not alone!
    I'm currently at 268 lbs and have been netting between 1200-1400 calories per day. MFP set my calorie goal to 1390 to loose 2 lbs per week. I'm finally getting used to it and finding low cal foods that keep me full (and satisfy my sweet tooth). I've lost 11 in the first two weeks.