I Finally Stopped Trying

Options
I began this week weighin in at 142 lbs (I'm only 4'10" tall lol so I wear 142lbs diff then some other women)....I decided to stop focusing so much about my weight and started paying attention to exercising correctly and eating healthy smaller portions about 6 times a day....I ended up buying The Firm and using it at night after my two kids are asleep, seeing as I don't have much time out of the house anymore lol ...but to say the least I stopped trying and just did it without a bad attitude and was actually excited to start a new lifestyle....And to my surprise when I stepped on the scale after only 9 total days I have already lost 6Lbs ...so maybe the trick is to not worry so much about ur weight and to focus on a healthier and better You :)
Diana

Replies

• lexi1015
    lexi1015 Posts: 29
    Options
    Good for you!! Keep up the good work!!!

51405.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome realization! Way to go - here's to a healthier you! :drinker:
  • JenniferMann24
    Options
    Thank you so much for this post. I have figured out that I am going to have to do the same. Im fighting a hormone problem so my weight is not coming off like it should and I get discouraged.:frown: I stopped weighing myself and just figured that Im doing this to feel better as well as look better.

Lets make a promise not to worry with it so much!:flowerforyou:
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    OH, YAY!!!! Good for you and congrats!!!

Ok...What is The Firm? :smile:
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    yea jen..its hard to stop worrying about the weight, but eventually when u do, you'll find yourself a lot more happier...i never understood it when people said it for yrs and then it finally just clicked...i guess someone found the on switch in my brain lol....and The Firm is a set of exercising discs that come with some light weights that u slowly work into using...I usually hate doing workout videos because I never feel like I'm working out, u know that "burn"....but u deff feel it with these, and theyre great if u don't have the spare time during the day because of family or work
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I began this week weighin in at 142 lbs (I'm only 4'10" tall lol so I wear 142lbs diff then some other women)....I decided to stop focusing so much about my weight and started paying attention to exercising correctly and eating healthy smaller portions about 6 times a day....I ended up buying The Firm and using it at night after my two kids are asleep, seeing as I don't have much time out of the house anymore lol ...but to say the least I stopped trying and just did it without a bad attitude and was actually excited to start a new lifestyle....And to my surprise when I stepped on the scale after only 9 total days I have already lost 6Lbs ...so maybe the trick is to not worry so much about ur weight and to focus on a healthier and better You :)
    Diana

The reason this worked for you is that you took this on as a lifestyle change not a diet. Congrats, that is the first step to weight loss.
  • MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the great work! That is exactly what I have done, just eat better and work out. Everything will happen. If we stress over it we will be stressed out and angry if we don't get what we want...Great job!
  • hockeyops
    hockeyops Posts: 15
    Options
    Good work!
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    yea jen..its hard to stop worrying about the weight, but eventually when u do, you'll find yourself a lot more happier...i never understood it when people said it for yrs and then it finally just clicked...i guess someone found the on switch in my brain lol....and The Firm is a set of exercising discs that come with some light weights that u slowly work into using...I usually hate doing workout videos because I never feel like I'm working out, u know that "burn"....but u deff feel it with these, and theyre great if u don't have the spare time during the day because of family or work

I totally agree! When I started to think of my workouts as training, and my food as fuel instead of a means to lose weight, it really turned things around. This is not the first time I've tried to lose weight, and it's not even the first time that I HAVE lost the weight, but it's the first time I've really felt successful at it.

BTW, my name is Diana too! Not too often I run across someone with that name.
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options

I totally agree! When I started to think of my workouts as training, and my food as fuel instead of a means to lose weight, it really turned things around. This is not the first time I've tried to lose weight, and it's not even the first time that I HAVE lost the weight, but it's the first time I've really felt successful at it.

BTW, my name is Diana too! Not too often I run across someone with that name.

It deffinately makes u feel a lot better about urself :) and yea i had actually just lost all my weight and got down to 110lbs a few years ago and I mantained it for a year...then I got pregnant with my first son and gained all of it back lmao....And your names Diana? What a nice name! haha ;-)
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    That is great advice! I have 2 kids also and now that I figured out I don't have to go to the gym to exercise I am finally making progress instead of making excuses!
  • kelligirl
    kelligirl Posts: 210
    Options
    Focusing on a better and healthier YOU is certainly the trick! Nourish and exercise your body and you're bound to see good results! Congratulations! You're obviously on the right track!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    way to go :drinker: