Frustrated

Options
Hello, I have been on mfp for over a month. I lost 16 pounds 3 years ago and have been at the same weight since. Even after a month watching what I eat I have not lost any weight. I bought just dance 3 and am planning on starting that this weekend. I need to see what it takes to get the game started. I have been pretty close to the 1200 calories it says I need to be at to loose weight. I am hoping the wii game will help me get going again. Any suggestions?

Replies

• MSgherzi
    Options
    Are you a Man or a Woman? A guy should never go below 1,500 a day while a girl should never go below 1,200 a day.

Also, don't go by your weight. Go out and buy a caliper and go by how you look and what your body fat percentage is. You can be 190lbs or 150lbs but if you have 20% body fat, it makes no difference in the way you look, other than maybe composition.

My two cents, at least. This is what has worked for me.

Hope this helps!
  • musicstardust67
    musicstardust67 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Hey gonecountry, I bought a dance workout for the wii and it works great! I wish the best of luck!
  • megaloohoo
    Options
    adding exercise into your routine will jump start your body an rev up your metabolism! also, if you are eating the same things for breakfast, lunch, dinner...try something new! i love www.skinnytaste.com everything is low cal and low fat, she gives you all of the nutritional information in every recipe. hope this helps!
  • chadaharvey
    Options
    Seriously drop the games, and go outside and do some cardio. IDK if you already do that, but if you are truly following a healthy meal plan, and doing some sort of cardio vascular routine you will cut down. I am currently doing a juice reboot just like the one from the documentary Fat, Sick, & Nearly Dead. It has helped me so much. I have been telling everyone about it, and the inspiration I received from it. Maybe you will too. Check it out and see if it is something you can be down to try out. I lost over 20 lbs. in 2 weeks, and am now on day 20. I am going a total 30.

Good Luck!
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Have you thought about a couch to 5k program? Running has always worked to kick my weightloss into gear.
  • gonecountry1981
    Options
    Thank you. I am a woman and am going to start the dance games this weekend. Wish me luck.
    :smile: